You can type here any text you want

how to achieve "the look"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I want the big/skinny look when we head to the track, but I'm not sure what size slick to run. Here's what I have now, and it looks like crap!

15x4 Draglite on front runners
15x9 Draglite on 26x9x15 ET Drags

I have air bags, ATR rear bar and UMI uppers/lowers, so clearance to the fender lip is pretty decent.

the first pic is what mine looks like, the second pic is what I want!

any ideas?

Attachments

• rearquarter.jpg
    rearquarter.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 369
  • muchbetter.jpg
    muchbetter.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 423
Those are MT-ET street radial's- 325/50R15 on 15x10 rims. The OD for these is 27.9 inches with a tread width of 11.0 inches. $189.95 each in the new summit catalog- page 231.

I want the big/skinny look when we head to the track, but I'm not sure what size slick to run. Here's what I have now, and it looks like crap!

15x4 Draglite on front runners
15x9 Draglite on 26x9x15 ET Drags

I have air bags, ATR rear bar and UMI uppers/lowers, so clearance to the fender lip is pretty decent.

the first pic is what mine looks like, the second pic is what I want!

any ideas?

That is Banning Cohen's car and I think he had to notch the frame a bit for those to fit

well, it doesn't have to look exactly like that, I just want something that sticks out past the wheel well and hooks up well.

let me know what sizes you think will work on a 15x9 4.5 bs wheel

Its going to be hard to achive the look you want with a 4.5 bs wheel. With a wider tire you'll likely rub on the inside since the rim is already close to the inside frame. To get a meaty look, something like a 28x10.5 (275/60) tire will look good, but you need a rim with less bs.

Here's my car with 275/60 Nittos on 15x8.5 Centerline Convo Pros with 3-3/8" bs. Just use 275/60 Mickey Thompson drag radials for a sticky tire. This really pushes the rim tire out and it will rub unless you have good clearance or roll the lips. I have dual air bags in my car and keep about 10spi in them so they don't rub and replaced the rear springs with Moogs. Regular 15x7 rims up front.

T_Type_Centerline2.jpg

How viable would it be to have gbody parts make a skinny rim out of a GTA rear? Would it still have a mounting problem without longer studs and spacers?

Back