How to Disconnect Horn

nboeck

I have a stuck horn - when I turn my wheel it goes off. I've been trying to locate the three wire plug under the drivers side with no luck and trying to locate the horn under the hood with no luck either...I read it was located on the left front wheel area and see nothing, also nothing when I slide under the car...could it be somewhere else?
Is it possible to disconnect it from the wheel itself? Meaning if I unscrewed the center cap could I remove anything in there that would let me at least drive the car to get fixed without the horn going off the entire way?

The horns (2) are located "inside" the LF fender, adjacent to the fuel vapor canister. Look for the green wires...

Sounds like the turn signal canceling cam needs replacement. The cam holds a spring-loaded wire that connects to the horn button. If you remove the center cap and wire, you can drive it without the horn going off. You can replace the canceling cam, but you'll need a tool to compress the lock ring on the steering column. The replacement canceling cam is available from the dealer.