How to verify if engine is good?

Yes, all plugs are out...

Do not pull the heads off until you've done a compression test ... the factory headgasket seal is hard to beat !

with all the plugs out,, you should be able to turn the motor over by hand by just the fan on the balancer. If it requires more force than this something is binding..
What is the material on the pickup ?

Do not pull the heads off until you've done a compression test ... the factory headgasket seal is hard to beat !

with all the plugs out,, you should be able to turn the motor over by hand by just the fan on the balancer. If it requires more force than this something is binding..
What is the material on the pickup ?

Halfway turn is smooth, them it gets hard. Not sure what the stuff on the pick up tube is. I was able to blow it off with air. Seem like just old oil/dirk. Can I add something thru the spark plug holes to free up the pistons?

Halfway turn is smooth, them it gets hard. Not sure what the stuff on the pick up tube is. I was able to blow it off with air. Seem like just old oil/dirk. Can I add something thru the spark plug holes to free up the pistons?

if its turning half way.. it cant be the pistons locked up as that would not allow for half way rotation... unless your saying that it just starts to get difficult but does not stop.. indicating there is rust build up on the cyl wall
few things to check .. I would take out the cam sensor and take a peak at the timing chain.. or better yet pull the front cover off and check the shape of the chain..
maybe that has let go and causing the bind up

just do a basic rebuild on it . If you don't you will be wasting all this time and just end up costing you more down the road . I've tried to explained to you the proper way to check the health of a engine with a leak down test and inspecting some of the bearings but it obvious you don't want to do any of that so good luck with your project I'm out .

just do a basic rebuild on it . If you don't you will be wasting all this time and just end up costing you more down the road . I've tried to explained to you the proper way to check the health of a engine with a leak down test and inspecting some of the bearings but it obvious you don't want to do any of that so good luck with your project I'm out .

Restore --- engine rebuild in a can :)