How worried should I be?

deboeWE4

I was cleaning my block in preparation for re-installing my heads and found something that worries me. I was using the compressor to blowout the threads for the studs and I noticed debris smacking me in the face coming from the water jackets. I gathered some of the bigger pieces and snapped pic. What do you guys think? Is this just semi-normal corrosion or should I be crying myself to sleep tonight?
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395292736.761614.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395292767.629344.jpg

Looks like time to back flush the block, and take a look at what the rad looks like.

Looks like time to back flush the block, and take a look at what the rad looks like.

X2.

It looks like someone put GM tabs or some other radiator/block sealer in the cooling system at one time.
Now you're seeing the residual crap of hard turds left behind and like Chuck said clean the crap out of that block or else it will clog the radiator and heater core in short order.

Ive had a blown/seeping headgasket put that funk in the cooling system before. plugged my damn radiator to!

Ok I feel a little better about my situation but after rmar's comment my concern is now for Charlie's next date! Does anyone have any tips on cleaning or flushing the block while it's on the stand or do I just keep hitting it with air and brake cleaner as good as possible before reinstalling it in the car and flushing it then? I wasn't having any overheating issues before the car went down but I know my stock radiator is crap, just need to save some loot for a new Alradco. RMI is def going in as soon as it's running again.

Or should I use a garden hose to flush the coolant passages? I think I read somewhere that the minerals in the water could be an issue with this.