You can type here any text you want

HR rear sway bar VS. BMR Xtreme bar???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
H&R rear bar on my best 60ft 1.38. off the footbrake :D

That's pretty good for a 9.90's car on drag radials & foot brake. It's all relevant to your ET & combo & abilities. I have seen good setups with 1 thing off never seem to get a good 60 ft. I have also seem junk setups that are all wrong, but do OK because their engine/converter combo is well matched & they have been running it a while.

We have several guys running mid 1.2's on drag radials out there in the 8's. Also got some guys running in the mid 1.3's that are in the 10's. The even better news is there are many people in the 11's with 60's in the 1.4 range. It's also how hard people like to push their stuff & if it's a true street car vs more of a race only setup.

Bottom line, people are all over the place on 60 ft times because of the MANY variables of car setups etc. The main thing is to improve YOUR performance, not matching someone elses. I haven't even seen 2 cars with the same setup run the same. Just got to make an IMPROVEMENT on YOUR car, then you know it was a good choice. On every car that had our bar installed on went the same or faster in the 60. If they already had an awesome 60 for their et level, they didn't see as much gain as the ones that seemed way off & needed more traction. For the mid 10- low 12 guys, they usually average 1-3 tenths better in the 1/4 mile with better 60's. Seen some with the "weld-in" styles actually slow down in the 60, but launch level & straight, so they kept it on there.... for a while ;)

I just think back to the days I raced, in '99 & early 2000. My car was basically nothing special for a motor, ported my own heads, but had combo working well together. With it twisting like mad & 40 psi in the pass bag & basically 1 wheel traction, I was in the low 1.4's with a best of a 1.40 off the foot brake. Wasn't afraid to break it as you can see. This was all before the idea of the bar was in production, and doing it the old way with old technology. Still had factory ECM & home-brewed fuel system setup. With our swaybar on there, I could have launched harder & faster, but probably wouldn't be able to drive it the next day to work. A stock shortblock with no girdle, caps, or anything can only take so much traction. Would have joined the "drove over my crankshaft" club I bet :cool: Those were some fun days for sure.

Food for thought

I do not want to offend anyone so please do not take this personel.This is not aimed at any individuals just all of us in the BUICK community.I have a friend who has a 70 stage 1 car and he is always complaining how hard it is to buy Buick perf parts compared to the chevy guys.The reason I buy H/R,RJC,and others is they support all of us ,they are constantly raising the bar for us.If we buy offshore headers or knock off bars then these vendors will loose bussiness and money and we will all be SH!T,out of luck.Thank you and to Paul,Jason and all the other vendors who do all the R&D work I appreciate it.Kevin

Anybody got a recent install pic to show the new fitment Paul refers to? It would be great to see how it looks now.

Thx!

Just bought this one at the end of last year. I haven't adjusted it yet but should hopefully be testing it next weekend.

This is the only one I have with the ATR style bar
gn5.jpg

and this is with the HR bar. I haven't adjusted it yet so that's why the axle brackets aren't straight.
Scott

Attachments

• Dylan painting, polishing, HR Bar 012.jpg
    Dylan painting, polishing, HR Bar 012.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 179
  • hr bar 001.jpg
    hr bar 001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 174
  • hr bar 002.jpg
    hr bar 002.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 217
Back