HR rear sway bar VS. BMR Xtreme bar???

hwfstru

Does anyone have one of these BMR bars (BMR Fabrication Inc. about half way down the page) installed on thier car? I was trying to get some comparison before I buy one or the other. They look pretty similar but the BMR bar is about $100 cheaper with the same type concept. Thanks in advance

Does anyone have one of these BMR bars (BMR Fabrication Inc. about half way down the page) installed on thier car? I was trying to get some comparison before I buy one or the other. They look pretty similar but the BMR bar is about $100 cheaper with the same type concept. Thanks in advance

I really like the looks of the BMR set up. I think if it were my coin I might give it a whirl. If, you don't like it you could sell it to me for 1/2 price used!!:biggrin:

i've been eyeing that exact same bar for about 6 months now.... setup looks almost exactly like H&R - some parts actually look better. i've just been waiting for some "EXTRA" money so i can "cop it" - hopefully i'll have enough money and time to have it installed before the power tour...

I have the HR bar & it works.
Generally, you get what you pay for. I'd have to have a lot morre information before springing for a bar that might not be properly heat treated, etc.

thanks for that input - money is scarce these days and dont wanna waste 400 bux... can you elaborate on the major problems with the BMR?:confused:

One things for sure it will be the best money you ever spent have a HR BAR ON MY 70 GP 1.4 60FTS FOOT BRAKING IT ON NITROUS OUT OF THE HOLE 4100 LBS , THE HR BAR IS JUST ALOT BETTER SETUP , IF YOU WANT PM IF YOU WANT TO TALK . :biggrin:

SC&C seems to have the same thing w/Spohn, also for $399............Savitske Classic & Custom............Anybody use these? Hard to see much different result between them.
The Spohn rear anti-sway bar is set up more for drag use than street performance & handling use and while the HRParts&Stuff rear anti-sway bar is set up for the same thing, everybody using the HRParts&Stuff bar swears thatit is also at home on the street. Spohn is coming out with a newly designed rear anti-sway bar specifically aimed at the handling and / or street performance crowd, but have delayed the estimated date of release several times now. Marcus Savitske of SC&C advised that the bar would hug the pumpkin closer than most other designs. Marcus Savitske of SC&C posts a lot over on >Pro-Touring.com< and there is additional information on the Spohn bar coming out under the suspension section. HTH

My 1970 grand prix is street driven all the time , the hr bar works great onthe street , i run drag skinnies up front , with no front sway bar , im proved my cars handling great after i put it in . you can see my grand prix , in street action on youtube.com . Car dead hooks on the street with bald m/t drag radials that have been on the car for 3 yrs . Type in S10 VS NIGHTCRAWLER ON YOUTUBE . WE ARE RUNNING ON MOTOR 11.0S TO 10.9 THE GP WINS

Nice Launch Richie.... yes if someone would shed the light on what is bad on the BMR unit - it would be nice. I know the H&R bar is proven, AND lookin at Richie's launch it appears the BMR would work too,

Richie - how does it feel on the street? My car is a STREET/strip car that i take on the PowerTour.... Thanx

Please fill me in the down sides of the BMR bar.:confused:
I have used it on my car for the last two years without any issue.

I would say it is a great bar.
Car leaves straight and hooks well!!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/240119-bmr-anti-rollbar.html

couple of launch pics at this link.

REAPER231...please pm me all the bad info on the bar....Thanks

I never said the bar was bad , now me saying no comparison was a bit much :rolleyes: lol, but i meant on the qaulity of the parts by HR , Richie , there was something my brother told me that he doesn't like about it when he looked at it will find out. All in all its just an a opinion on what we like , not that the bar doesn't work . Will have to ask him what it was . The guy was asking what he would go with just gave my opinion on what works for me . Dont have to show me the video seen it leaves great . :smile:

Nice Launch Richie.... yes if someone would shed the light on what is bad on the BMR unit - it would be nice. I know the H&R bar is proven, AND lookin at Richie's launch it appears the BMR would work too,

Richie - how does it feel on the street? My car is a STREET/strip car that i take on the PowerTour.... Thanx

I have used it on a couple of street cars as well.
I really like it. Much improvement over the ATR style bar.
I would say go for it!!!
If you dont like it i would buy it from you:tongue:

Guys I have sold both BMR and HR stuff over the years and both have good quality stuff. I do think HRs packaging/instructions are better. But one thing to remeber if you are a Buick guys is that Paul from HR makes most of the races and also donates alot of money to the races to help them exist. With Paul being on hand at the races and if you had his parts on your car and you had a problem with one of them he could you right there where as with some of the other stuff you would be stuck til you got home to get it handled. I like spending my money with people that I can put faces with but that is just my style.
Take care all, Kip

Guys I have sold both BMR and HR stuff over the years and both have good quality stuff. I do think HRs packaging/instructions are better. But one thing to remeber if you are a Buick guys is that Paul from HR makes most of the races and also donates alot of money to the races to help them exist. With Paul being on hand at the races and if you had his parts on your car and you had a problem with one of them he could you right there where as with some of the other stuff you would be stuck til you got home to get it handled. I like spending my money with people that I can put faces with but that is just my style.
Take care all, Kip

I agree 100%!!

Take care all, Kip

+2

Take care all, Kip

Very well said. Paul gives back to the community. That means a lot.