I got a blow off valve and need....

flowerpower

Well heres the thing I got this BOV and was wanting to know if the 2 vac nipples get a 3 way split.... 2 to the bov and the outher to a vac..... right

Attachments

• BOV.jpg
    BOV.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 322
Return that thing, get your $$ back, and get a part that will make you go fast- not sound like a fartin' import.

TRs don't nee BOVs- automatic trans = no need to dump boost to atmosphere while shifting.

OK- rant over.:biggrin:

im not sure who makes that... looks like a generic verison of a bov, not sure how the diaphgram will hold up to a lot of boost.

As was stated..... Turbo Regals, because they have automatic trannys don't benefit from a BOV.
BOV's are needed on stick shift cars to keep from loosing all your boost on shifts when the engine load disappears.

I've got a couple of turbos still in my stable, that are originals, that is to say they're over 20 years old and a LOT of miles, and have never had a failure attributable to the lack of a BOV.
Only one failure in the last 21 years and that was due to the ingestion of a piece of champion spark plug. :mad:

Don't waste your money, unless of course you are a "born again ricer".

Well I hate the sound it makes NOW....and there are a number of persons here who run these....The way I see it it will help my te60,50lbs inj,fmic,smc,4"maf.....in any way....cool!

its a GReddy I got from a buddy.......I dont like to follow the crowd ...YA KNOW....If it gets rid of the sound that people ask what is that ....is it ok?
then its ok in my book....

OK- rant over :wink:

If the guy wants to run a BOV then let him, it's not like it's going to hurt anything. There really isn't a performance based reason to run one (aside from a couple of very specific combos/circumstances that a BOV may help with) but some people don't like the "flutter" sound we get coming out of boost. I certainly wouldn't spend my money on one but if he's been informed and still wants to proceed that his business. It's not like this is the first guy running a BOV and it won't be the last.

I don't know how to hook one up as I've never used one but I'm sure you can do a search for that model on Greddy's website and find instructions for it.

Most BOV only have a port on the top as that is all that's really needed. In boost, it assists the spring in holding it shut, and when that boost turns to vacuum in the manifold it works against the spring to pull the plunger open. I would go from manifold to the top port only. The bottom port will work in the opposite fashion.

Ah... I come back to these forums after an extended break and see the same experts spitting the same anti-BOV rhetoric. :rolleyes:

Blow off valves don't suck.....they blow.

put the lute somewhere else. These cars are defined by that annoying sneeze.

OK - rant over

If you have a big front mount I would run one.Stretch or stock intercooler don't need one.I know I have a huge front mount and it sounds like the turbo is coming apart when I let off the gas.I got a bov and love it.

Ah... I come back to these forums after an extended break and see the same experts spitting the same anti-BOV rhetoric. :rolleyes:

OK, I'll bite, since you're in the know, what huge advantage does one have on an automatic equipped turbo regal?

I dunno....not an expert, but hundreds of mid-11 sec 1/4 mile runs, plus huge amounts of street abuse since 1986....and not a turbo trashed due to "turbo sneeze"........

Mebbe y'all know sumpthin' I don't?

It really won't save much unless you are the kind of driver that's in and out of boost a lot, like me. :) Just remember, that sneeze is the turbo spinning backwards in some cases...

WOW GUY'S......I didnt want to start "The WAR of BOV'S" I'm not a born again ricer...I dont care for the "turbo sneeze" after 8yrs of haveing the G\N:rolleyes:

I wanted to try one of these and was just asking a simple question...

I have one because I like the ping ping ping noise it makes. my frontmount makes it actually 'blowoff' about 3-4 times in a row, sounds like a weapon from the future.

just run it to the top fitting and block the little one off.i have a 50mm tial copy and thats what i would recommend.i also have one of these bovs and mine wouldnt open but like an 1/4th of an inch and it had a little valve in it not sure how efficent this would be so i got the tial like i ran on my vega.i know they work lol.

HAHAHAHA it starts again. I would put it on. I'm not a fan of compressor surge, bends fins, and thats the bottom line because I said so

It really won't save much unless you are the kind of driver that's in and out of boost a lot, like me. :) Just remember, that sneeze is the turbo spinning backwards in some cases...

OMG!! Please don't tell me you actually fall for that BS. Only the ricers still believe the turbo can be forced to spin backwards.

Trust me, They cannot. At the speeds they're turning a reverse in direction would be catastrophic!!! :eek:

Shaft speed is reduced a little, a little. It is neither stopped and certainly not reversed.

C'mon :rolleyes:

Look, running a BOV certainly isn't going to harm anything. It's just not required. If you don't like the turbo sneeze and would rather listen to BOV farting and squeeling, fine.