I have a story you will never believe

Had an awesome friday / saturday with my wife. Cruise in Arlington last night. hung out with old friends & made a few new ones, Car show, and cruise in today more old friends and family, Fireworks in Mukilteo tonight.... Excellent weekend......

We were hanging out at our local Burger King and the lot was filling up with some very nice cars. An older lady walks across the parking lot saying, "is that a grand national? Oh my god it is." She is looking around for someone when she sees my turbo thunder t-shirt. She says to me this is your car huh? I said yes Ma'am. She says its beautiful. As she is looking in and checking it out. My god this car is so clean. Tell ya what, I will trade you that 64 GTO over there for it. Pointing to a beautiful blue one with some all aluminium motor hangin out of it. I giggled and said thats yours? She says Nope it's my husbands but you can have it....

Pretty funny stuff. we chatted for a bit and I told her the story. she said oh, so that car wont ever go anywhere. I said nope it wont. Love driving the car, the smiles you get, the thumbs up's all of the attention is amazing.

So I visited with Mr S. for a few hours tonight and told him the story. He loved it and said thats what will be so fun about going out and doing this kind of thing. The conversations with perfect strangers, The new friend's and just having a common interest with people will be amazing.

Great visit.

My sweety with our 87 GN Friday Night 9/10/10

lisaandbart.jpg

Visited with Mr. S for a few hours today. Getting better all the time. The wound has healed well so far. closing up from the inside out. We have appointments this week at both the plastic surgeon and the wound clinic. He is in great spirits and cant wait to get out. So after we had dinner we took the car to the boat launch and took some pic's
A few of the pics my wife took tonight.
bartsept4.jpg

bartsept3.jpg

bartsept2.jpg

bartsept1.jpg

bartsept5.jpg

I wish you lived closer to the East,so you could make it to the GS Nationals next month.There are more than a few of us that would like to buy you a beer,and shake your hand.:cool:

Mike........I just saw this story posted on volusiariders.com. I'm a bike guy, not a car guy, but, I must say, this is just an awesome and inspirational thread about the good in people.
Too often we hear only the bad. The story of you, Mr. S., and a Buick GN should be publicized. I admire you very much and consider you a true American hero.

Bravo!

Barry

Eh,

I wish you lived closer to the East,so you could make it to the GS Nationals next month.There are more than a few of us that would like to buy you a beer,and shake your hand.:cool:

Maybe next year I can come for it. I also would like to meet all of you GN Guy's and Gal's. So helpful and friendly... Thanks so much..

Mike........I just saw this story posted on volusiariders.com. I'm a bike guy, not a car guy, but, I must say, this is just an awesome and inspirational thread about the good in people.
Too often we hear only the bad. The story of you, Mr. S., and a Buick GN should be publicized. I admire you very much and consider you a true American hero.

Bravo!

Barry

Thank You, I don't know about a hero, But I have to say I would put myself in front of a bullet for most people. It's just the guy I am. But then again I would PUT a bullet in some people also.

I am all for helping people. I guess I just never figured that it could lead to something like this. It's just who I am. I guess as my sig states. Im the luckiest guy alive.....:tongue:

You ought to load up your old buddy, drive to the GS nationals next month, Then grab your dad & move him back home. I think elizabethtown is like 25 miles from bowling green.

Congradulations!

John

i just read this whole story, heard about it from my motorcycle site, and just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS you,, we need more people like you in this world,, i see nothing but great Karma heading your way for the rest of your life for your whole family. again THANK YOU

You ought to load up your old buddy, drive to the GS nationals next month, Then grab your dad & move him back home. I think elizabethtown is like 25 miles from bowling green.

Congradulations!

John

Boy let me tell you, If I wasn't broke and my Dad wasn't so stubborn I would in a heartbeat. But I think maybe next year is a better option for all of us. The old boy's still healing, I have 38 day's till my business is finally paid for and my pop's need's a little more coercing....

I need to hire a fulltime driver too so I can leave for more than a weekend. So all you Buick peep's wish for me to get more work and then MAYBE I can come see you next year...

Thanks everyone. :biggrin:

i just read this whole story, heard about it from my motorcycle site, and just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS you,, we need more people like you in this world,, i see nothing but great Karma heading your way for the rest of your life for your whole family. again THANK YOU

Thanks Buddy...... It's been my pleasure really

So the car went up to GN Northwest for Dan and the rest of the crew to do their thing. Had a strange sound coming out of the engine bay. So I made an emergency appointment and they had me bring it right in. You have to love service like that. He also had some part's there that he is going to put on so we make sure as to not kill the motor in the car.

Can't wait to see how it goes after this. But it will still LOOK stock.

Thank You GN Northwest you guy's are the best..

Stopped by the shop today, Found those boy's working hard as usual. Thought I would snap some pictures of the car there. I ended up holding the light. Oh and the ratchet... Only job's I am really qualified to do.

Dan Found the crank sensor loose. It had some issues so new one on the way. The exhaust on this car is rotted from about the Cat to the rear bumper... Woah Big holes. The pinion seal is drooling along with what looks to be the axle seal on the pass side. I guess 17yrs of sitting didn't do the seals any good. Oh well wadda ya do? Make a list and start at number one. Oh and try to save some money to pay for it all... It sure looks good sittin on the ground though... SHINEY......

Thanks Dan...
Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Just when you think life is going good.... It just up and KICKS you in the face... Here is how my day started. Amazing how much towing cost's...... hehehehehe. So now 2 of my vehicles are in repair shops. Just killl me now... PLEASE

Picture005-2.jpg

Uh yeah it is funny actually. But sad at the same time. at least I didn't have to call the guy's down the street to come save me.......

Mike, That story is so crazy, I read it all strait through cause I couldn't stop. I haven't been to involved in my 2 Buicks the last few years because life gets busy sometimes but your story has lit a fire in me and now I need them back in my life and on the street where they belong.

On another note, Now I have to sell you out over at TOW411.net for overloading your flatbed! LoL!:biggrin: You do know who I'am don't you?:D