You can type here any text you want

I hear the Buick guys...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
update:

The cars runs and Billy Duke did do the initial tune on it. We made several half track (330ft) passes and finally ran it out the back. It seems to be popping all the way down the track or most of the track.. like a baaad miss. Even like that it has gone 6.20@112 w/1.42 60ft. That is on the wastegate spring too (.9 bar)

Now we have to find out what the miss is. The logs show that the car is getting loooow voltage - down in the 12.2V range in some cases.. and rarely sees over 13V. We have changed the alternator and grounds among other things.
Now we just have to figure out why it is not charging.. Now I am thinking that the battery has a dead cell in it.. or there could be a problem in the charging system wiring.

Any suggestions?

The FAST doesn't like under about 13.5 volts, so that should be the first thing to address. Otherwise, it will try to compensate, and that will really mess up your fuel delivery. If you can get over 14V, that will be best.

You might also have some spark issues, but those might even be caused by low voltage too. Who knows...

-Bob Cunningham

Originally posted by bobc455
The FAST doesn't like under about 13.5 volts, so that should be the first thing to address. Otherwise, it will try to compensate, and that will really mess up your fuel delivery. If you can get over 14V, that will be best.

You might also have some spark issues, but those might even be caused by low voltage too. Who knows...

-Bob Cunningham

Yeah. I have been trying to get the owner to work on the problem at hand... sometimes that is hard with him. He is stressing on the fact that the 72# injectors ran at 95%. He doesn't understand (no matter how many times I tell him) what we (you & I) are saying about the compensation. He claims he is going to get a 16V battery and charging system this week.. We'll see.

Back