I try and try, but I keep thinking TE-44 or TA-49, lol.

I'm thinking TE-44 as well, it should put me where I want to be with a little room for improvement if I want to tweak my engine a little. :cool:

I like my TE-44, alky control (Razor's kit) and Turbo Tweak chip, running 25/26 psi.

Chuck

Whatever the desicion you make, just make sure you post some pics or perhaps a video and show us how your car does with your combo...

German

I called Full Throttle and Mike recommended a 6157e (journal bearing). Should be here in two days. I have 009's, Vigilante converter (3000 stall I think), ATR downpipe, TT chip, lt-1/translator, and ATR front mount intercooler. Any opinions on this combo? Hoping for mid 11's and good spool up on the street, like Project TNX. Thanks.

Same problem

Ive been hinging on a new turbo for a year or so. I have a stock stall I really dont want to change. My stocker spools like mad and has no shaft play.
I was gonna go with 6131BB but dont want to mess with the water colling and not have the shield fit.

I guess an ideal turbo for me would be a 49 with a garret housing for good spool, but I dont think you can really get these anymore & I want to keep my stock parts intact

turbo choices

I had the 44 and loved it with the stock converter. Over the winter I ported the heads and intake. I added a journal bearing 6152 and a PTC 2800 stall. I love it it!! Dusty originally had me setup with the 3200 stall, but it was to loose. It had absolutely no top end at the track. I havn't been back to the track since restalling the converter back to a 2800, but I can tell you they hit the nail on the head with this converter. It spools almost instantly and realy charges hard where before you could feel it start dieing off. This combo is working well, feels good on the street too. I pulled a couple of kills over the weekend. A charged 96-97 cobra, and a heads cam ls1 car. :biggrin: I think you will be plenty happy with any of the above mentioned turbos. Good luck. If you have any questions pm me. Thanx