You can type here any text you want

i want real horsepower numbers from YOUR setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

i hear about all the cars on this forum in the kil section and everything spanking 500+ horsepower cars

if you know your horsepower please list your combo if it is not in your sig

i just want to get more of an idea and not guessing by what you beat

any idea what i might be putting down after its done mods in sig?

thanks

I ran a dyno a few year back and put down 428HP and 438TQ.
First time on dyno and only made one pull. I was happy with those numbers. I am sure with tuning and going WOT a little faster would have better numbers.

Mine are in my sig. And that is my street car wait until my T/A motor is finished and in my pro street car.

If a VW could hook, it would beat a vette across the street.

If a car is set up to go straight really fast...even higher hp cars will have a hard time. Spinnin ain't winnin.

Here is a peek.:eek:

Attachments

• 100_2018.JPG
    100_2018.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 510
Motor Fully built with the following
Forged Pistons
stock rods
COMP CAM Billlet Roller CAM, 206/206
Titanium Retainers,
Hardened Rocker shafts
ARP Hardware throughout
Champion GN1 Iron heads
Champion Ported upper and lower intake
62mm Ported throttle body with coolant bypass
Stock headers ceramic coated.
Power Coated Valve Covers
Precision TE45a turbo
TH 3.5 SS Downpipe with 3.5 dump
ATR SS Pitbull Exhaust
BECOOL Racing Radiator with Dual Ram Charger Fans
160 thermostat
55#injectors
Kirban Performance Fuel pressure Gauge
MAF Translator Plus V6.2 with LS1 MAF
Tinman 4" CAI
Powercoated intake pipes
DECOOL Stretched Stock location intercooler
Century Transmission built Tranny with Precision 3200 Stall multidisk Lockup converter
Billet Center drum
HR Parts Lower control arms
ATR Sway bar
Hotwired Fuel pump
Walbro 255hp pump
New Drums, Full sizes shoes and, S-10 Wheel cylinders
Brake system completely blead with new fluid.
Cottons Performance Line lock
AC Converted to R134a
SMC ALY Injection kit with two nozlles
SCANMASTER 2.1
New Spark Plugs.
Dyno Sheets from KDK showing 529RWP @18 pounds

Imo sigs and dynos dont mean dick. Take your quarter mph/234, cube that answer, and multiply times the vehicle race weight to get a fairly accurate flywheel hp.

I read a lot of sigs then laugh when i read the quarter mph and resulting crappy e.t. Little can be based on the sig if the tune sucks. Coulda, woulda, shoulda means nothing here.

Here's an accurate one. The one in my sig being conservative on weight:
133.4mph/234=.57
.57x.57x.57=.185193
.185193x3600lbs=
666.7fwhp

Use this to compare cars and forget about coulda, woulda, shoulda. Thanks Grump. i know i stole your line but it fits so well so often.

Imo sigs and dynos dont mean dick. Take your quarter mph/234, cube that answer, and multiply times the vehicle race weight to get a fairly accurate flywheel hp.

I read a lot of sigs then laugh when i read the quarter mph and resulting crappy e.t. Little can be based on the sig if the tune sucks. Coulda, woulda, shoulda means nothing here.

133.4mph/234=.57
.57x.57x.57=.185193
.185193x3600lbs=
666.7fwhp

Use this to compare cars and forget about coulda, woulda, shoulda. Thanks Grump. i know i stole your line but it fits so well so often.

X2 :p

133.4mph/234=.57
.57x.57x.57=.185193
.185193x3600lbs=
666.7fwhp

This makes my drivesline seem super efficient! 468fwhp compared to 434rwhp:eek: I guess i can blame my converter for the low fwhp since it is 16+% slippage at the end of the track... loosing a few mph's. I locked the converter on the dyno but still had 8-9% slippage.

I usually don't go to the dyno but I did 2 years ago trying to figure a problem out. It did 595 rwhp on 20 psi. Went right from the dyno to the track where it ran 10.2 @ 132 mph. 3550lbs with me in it.

Using the above formula it came out to 628. Is that formula for wheel or crank hp? The car at the time had a very loose converter in it, which would make my numbers low.

Also, Bison, you keep saying "fwhp." Isn't that stand for "front wheel hp?"

Back