If You Could or Would Trade Your Buick

WLDWST

What car would you trade your Turbo Buick for in a heartbeat. Just curious. I am getting a desire for an older musclecar again. I know all the positives and negatives about them. Is there a car of equal or similar value that you have a soft spot for? I saw a 1966 Chevrolet Bel Air with an L72 427 four speed the other day that started this whole thing with me. I had an L72 Biscayne in 1973 and have alot of good memories with that car. I would consider something like that.
Funny, I go through this every couple of years. How about the rest of you? Here are two pictures. One is of my old car and one is the car that started this latest buzz in my head. After I rationalize and think about it for awhile I always end up keeping my Buick. But the old stuff just seems to pull me sometimes.

Attachments

• 1966 Bel Air (Medium).JPG
    1966 Bel Air (Medium).JPG
    74 KB · Views: 831
  • 66 Biscayne 427(425 HP)( RARE) 3 Spd Fully Synchro (Medium).jpg
    66 Biscayne 427(425 HP)( RARE) 3 Spd Fully Synchro (Medium).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 821
Right there with you. Would give serious thought to trading for another Road Runner or a 69 Riviera. Would trade for a 68-72 GS convertible in a second and not think twice about it however.

Actually just today, I asked a friend about trading me his V-8 S-10 & cash for my Limited.

When my car goes to the cruise night it is always a Grand natty or Monte SZSZ..to everyone. (I hate that black paint) I want to change the color so bad.
I have yet to hear anyone call it a limited regal. :mad:

The Old school cars are nice but crude but if I was forced to trade I would Love a 70 Pontiac ram air 3 Trans Am

I would trade for a 61 impala ss 409 4spd with dual 4bbl carbs or a red 65 impala ss with black interior, a 409 and 4 spd Factor AC of course:cool:

Would have to be a maxed out 70 SS chevelle big block auto with functional cowl hood. I thought abt getting 1 bfore the GN but i like the driveability of the buick an its really comfy on long trips with ac / tilt / pw / cruise. I have had a 64 SS impala with fac tac / tilt / ac / ps since highschool. I love that car and the GN but the GN will out power an get alot better mpg

Will trade for a lower mileaged mint conditioned, excellent painted GN or GNX.:D

Sorry im hooked, another car wouldnt be right for me, id just get bored with anything else.. Unless its a ZR1 or Twin turob'd 08/09 Stang, or a 7sec turbo'd Ls car like Steve Faraday has!.:eek:

My car that i was on a mission to buy was also 70 454 SS Chevelle.. IF, i couldnt find a Buick, then i asked myself,
"Would'nt you rather drive, a Buick?";)

Funny, I was just pondering the same thing and I haven't even fired up the new stroker yet.
I have a soft spot for Chevelle's as well. I have owned 5 of them, the last one was a 69 SS 396 with AC, I really miss that car.
Another favorite is a 70-73 Camaro RS/SS/Z28

Bryan

71 chevelle ss w/ 454. That's what I was in the market 4 when my buick found me!! Nah wouldn't get rid of it on second thought!! I recently had to choose between my 71 corvette that I bought in 88, the buick won!!!!

Funny, I was just pondering the same thing and I haven't even fired up the new stroker yet.
I have a soft spot for Chevelle's as well. I have owned 5 of them, the last one was a 69 SS 396 with AC, I really miss that car.
Another favorite is a 70-73 Camaro RS/SS/Z28

Bryan
had a 71 z28 too!! a chevelle would be the only replacemement!!! Ihave been looking for another iroc though!!!LOL

my self, it would have to be a GNX low milage no question. other then that anything of equal value, humm a 2010 ZR1 ;) o crap thats not equal value, well not price wise.

If this car was legal on US roads I would trade the Buick in a heartbeat :redface:. Holds 3g's around a corner :eek:

Attachments

• SR3.jpg
    SR3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 692
1965 Dodge Coronet 500, black w/red interior and red accent stripe on the chrome trim down the side. Pro street of course with a 426 Hemi, fuel injected with an 8-71 blower!... Not that I've ever thought about it!

I'd consider trade for a 69 Camaro or a 70 Chevelle...they'd have to be in same condition as my T though.

Trade TR for a .............

1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6. Red /black stripes

Aston Martin or perhaps a Ferrari. :)

After a week I'd sell it and buy my TR back, or perhaps upgrade a bit. ;)

The only one I would even consider is a Pre "L" Detomaso Pantera. Much modded and well restored. They can be a pain with rust and all but it is the only car that I would even consider. I know its ford powered but I think I could fit a TA aluminum block set up in there!!

Attachments

• kh242009a.jpg
    kh242009a.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 628
  • kh242009b.jpg
    kh242009b.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 625
  • kh242009j.jpg
    kh242009j.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 630
  • kh242009l.jpg
    kh242009l.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 623
Would have to be a maxed out 70 SS chevelle big block auto with functional cowl hood. I thought abt getting 1 bfore the GN but i like the driveability of the buick an its really comfy on long trips with ac / tilt / pw / cruise. I have had a 64 SS impala with fac tac / tilt / ac / ps since highschool. I love that car and the GN but the GN will out power an get alot better mpg

x100 on that Chevelle