You can type here any text you want

impressive stock pass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
DIAZ87 posted how the porsche which ran 11.60 destroys the VETTE i hope he see's this video.

lol

DIAZ87 posted how the porsche which ran 11.60 destroys the VETTE i hope he see's this video.

No matter what car you like or not this is impressive on stock radials with bigger sized rims. Not like he's running an auto on 15x12 rims with 29.5 m/t slicks and a th400. Just to show the technology has came a long way. N/A v6's making 300 plus hp and 30 mpg. Seeing factory cars making 600+ hp. It's crazy.

Vette and Porsche Race

Same thing i posted Mike put guy that knows how drive a stick in that Vette in that race and will see a what happens,also in that video looks like the guy in the vette fell asleep on the line.

Dan you are so correct, it also shows the difference a good driver makes with a stick car from (11.80 to 10.70). Almost a full second difference.

The Porsche puts the smackdown on the ZR1 but both are sweet cars 4 sure.

Ranger gettin' it done again! He's the guy that went 11's on a bone stock C5 Z06. Granted, where he races is like -1500ft DA.

How could a 11.8 sec Porsche beat a ZR1? Link?

driver

Put a novice driver in a manual trans rear wheel drive car on 20 inch street tires and he will overwhelm the tires on the launch every time. Put an experienced guy in that same car and it's on. Not just a slushbox with a stab and steer on slicks. AWD turbo Porsche is going to be hard to beat unless you're on top of your game.

Put a novice driver in a manual trans rear wheel drive car on 20 inch street tires and he will overwhelm the tires on the launch every time. Put an experienced guy in that same car and it's on. Not just a slushbox with a stab and steer on slicks. AWD turbo Porsche is going to be hard to beat unless you're on top of your game.

Bingo. I'd venture to say that 90% of the guys with a stock ZR1 can't drive like the "Lone Ranger", so unless they get plenty of seat time they better be careful against the AWD Turbo Porsche.

GNBRETT i hope you saw how bad the vette driver came out of the hole, now go back and see the video (10.70- 133mph) what a difference a good driver makes. I have seen 9 sec cars lose to an 11sec car but in the right hands it's a totally different story. Don't blame the car, its the man behind the wheel.

Nope,the video shows that the v6 138 less hp porsche doing 11.20 & 125 mph.Also did we forget that the Porsche was also smoking the tires off the line as well

I almost forgot to mention that the vette is 200lb lighter than the porsche

The Vette does not have a engine over its rear tires to get the same type of traction, but a drag radial is all that is needed change the outcome of that race with no other mods to the drivetrain hands down, even if both cars ran drag radials.

I fail to see how the Vette only trapped 125 in one video then 133 in the next. I'm sure the et can vary with drivers, but 8 MPH is a major difference. I think the quarter mile test should be redone. No drag radials, just better
drivers. I think the vette would win.

Back