You can type here any text you want

in search of sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qwks6

Boost junkie
Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I have recently upgraded to Moog #5413 rear and #5658 front coil springs, rear control arms in sig, gas-a-just shocks.

I'm looking for a sway bar to compliment my setup. This is a street car and I'm looking for a little more handling. I'm not concerned with 60 foot times dropping, more concerned with roll in corners. What size, brand, and where to buy please...

Thanks in advance guys

i just got myself an 1le bar from an old trans am. i picked up 2 just in case....
$90.00 shipped, has the bracket and decent rubber in it. use your stock endlinks, or get summit replacements.

the rundown.... stock gn bar is 32mm solid and wieghs a ton,
1le bar is 36mm hollow and much lighter, Approx. 7-15lbs lighter (i haven't weighed them myself, but can tell a difference.)

note- i went to 9 junkyards in 2 different states and only found 2 decent sway bays. if you want to look- look for late 80's = early 90's f body cars. take a caliper. most bars are only 34mm. t/a, formula were the 2 i found.

haven't got that far myself yet.... gn's had the biggest one from the factory.
i'll probably bite the bullet and go the HandR parts bar.

Back