Incorrect settings in maft pro

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#1
Found 4 settings that I must have entered incorrectly at some point. Running the extender chip SD mode. V1 out 4.0 (now 2.5), V2 out 2.5 (now 4.0),
F out max was set to 1500 and I'm not sure about that one but it's now set to (0) and TM base was +3 now set to (0).

Had been running that way for quite some time.....


Finally V out 1 has been set to 1 for extender chip. V out 2 is set to 0 now. What should these be?

Thanks Mike
 

TurboBuRick

Moderator
Staff member
#2
Are you runnng a extender pro chip?
V out 1 set to 1 for wot spark control. Providing that the wiring between the tpro and ecm is done correctly it will control wot timing based on the settings in the wot spark page.

V out 2 is not used. This can be used for logging correction factor and other tpro functions if wired into the powerlogger. But I believe you would need to update to a later version to do this.


I would update the tpro to the latest version. Then the v out selection will say what they are for vs being a number. V out 1 would actually say “spark timing” vs number 1.

Rick
 

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#5
Thank you Rick. Back to chipping away at this thing after other mechanical quirks. Do you know what having the first two settings swapped would cause?
 

TurboBuRick

Moderator
Staff member
#7
Going off memory the V out voltage setting will not have any effect when v out mode is set to anything but 0.

If I’m wrong Bob will let us know
 

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#8
Are you runnng a extender pro chip?
V out 1 set to 1 for wot spark control. Providing that the wiring between the tpro and ecm is done correctly it will control wot timing based on the settings in the wot spark page.

V out 2 is not used. This can be used for logging correction factor and other tpro functions if wired into the powerlogger. But I believe you would need to update to a later version to do this.


I would update the tpro to the latest version. Then the v out selection will say what they are for vs being a number. V out 1 would actually say “spark timing” vs number 1.

Rick
Rick I've been working on dialing in the tune anticipating a trip to the track. I know the maft pro needs to be updated but quite honestly I'm afraid of messing things up. You seem to have a vast knowledge of the maft pro and I appreciate your input.

Attached is a 1/4 mile street run and there are a few things I don't quite get. Trying to understand what's going on when adding spark. The chip is set at 18 so I set the maft to 19 up to 3800 RPM just to see what it would do. In the attached run the PL displays roughly 17, does the PL display actual engine timing? If so why would it only show 17?
I realize that the run was mostly over 3800 rpm but why the random 17? usually it's 18.5 every time.


Thanks
Mike
 

Attachments

TurboBuRick

Moderator
Staff member
#9
Mike,

You do have a Extreme Pro chip yes? If so and the installation and configuration is done correctly, the tpro should be controlling wot spark timing.

Verify the brown wire from the 10 pin connector is going to c11 (tan wire) on the ecm and is the only thing connected to it.

Verify v-out 1 is set to 1

Try setting wot spark to 15 across all rpm ranges and record another log.

Rick
 

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#10
That worked Rick. Went back to 19 across the board and the a/f leaned so I'm assuming we are going in the right direction.
 

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#15
Ok trying to update maft pro from 4.40 to 5.27 and have downloaded tpcu. Tpcu connects to pro and seems to have saved current bin from maft. Next I selected update in tpcu and directed it to the unzipped 5.27 update. Keeps saying "reflash error" "could not find update program".

Deleted and downloaded 5.27 several times with the same results. Any suggestions?
 

TurboBuRick

Moderator
Staff member
#16
It’s been a while since I have done it.

Are you using some kind of adapter cable? USB to Serial? Did you load the driver for the adapter cable? Check the device manager?

Do you have the flash file saved to desktop? If not save it there rhen try to load it.
 

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#17
Everything was saved to the desktop and yes it's a USB to serial adapter I will check device manger. TPCU seems to have communicated with the maft because it retrieved the bin file from the maft.
Can't verify that the bin is anything though because I have no way to open it.
 

TurboBuRick

Moderator
Staff member
#18
Roger that,
Try this,

Start with the tpro off.

Start the tpcu program then select the file. As it’s trying to communicate, hold the 2 left buttons on the tpro and power It up (turn key on)
It should start to load
 

Mike T

Well-Known Member
#19
Rick I will try that next. Car runs decent now and I want to go to the track in a couple of days so maybe it's best to wait in case the update doesn't go smooth. There's still a "to do" list that has to be addressed as it is :)