You can type here any text you want

Intake Manifold Gasket question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

I have a quick question - i am using the Stock Felpro Intake gasket with integral Valley pan and rubber strips.... I want to know exactly where to put the RTV/Right Stuff.

I was under the impression that you just put a "Dab" in the corners where the Rubber gasket meets the head gasket....
...then on another thread i saw someone run a bead completely down the block eliminating the strip and totally circling the first ports [Front and Back] of the heads
.... so what gives?

do i need to encircle the first ports front and rear with gasket sealer... the stock one i took off looked dry except for the corners [by the rubber strip]

thks

aaron

On mine I did a real light coating almost just a tacky coat around the water jackets and I did not use the rubber end seals just a thick bead of the right stuff.

End seals in the trash thick bead where they go...nothing else needed

I have used the rubber ends, and used just gasket maker. Both work fine. I have never put anything on the gasket itself. Test fit and make sure the rubber strips get enough crush to seal if using them, or test fit to get an idea of how thick the gasket maker needs to be. I had a nasty oil leak on an engine. I thought it was a rear main, which I had replaced. I turned out I had a 1/4" section of sealant touching the intake.

Back