You can type here any text you want

Is $100 too much?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Is $102 too much to pay for a bran new (never used) Stg II 4 barrel intake (tall on-center version)?

I have several used on and off center, ported by Chapman. Please e-mail me if interested

Originally posted by Jay Wicks
I have several used on and off center, ported by Chapman. Please e-mail me if interested

Bummer. The auction just ended and my $102 bid is a winner.
I probably should have asked earlier, but I had been outbid a couple of times, and all of a sudden late in the auction two higher bidders dropped out, and I was left holding the high bid.
I didn't want to have to spend more than about $100, so I guess it's not so bad.

BTW, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33617&item=2444077166

Dave, I think you did just fine. New, thick mounting flanges will alow you to optimize intake to head alignment. Should make you a nice intake.:)

Got it!! Good grief this thing is HUGE!!!!!!
The carb flange is way UP THERE. There's likely going to be a hood clearance problem, unless I can get a really low profile dog house built for it.

Dave, you can mill the carb mounting flange to lower the overall
plenum height. This should help with hood clearance issues.

I'll likely hang on to it, and get the carb flange machined down, as soon as I can find a civilized place to move to :rolleyes:
It's too nice of a manifold to give up just yet.

Back