Is it true???

I read that about the distiller grains being fed to the cows after they are done processing the Ethanol. The problem is that the corn still has alcohol in it.. that is not a good thing to be feeding that to the cows... much less any corn for that matter :frown:

Read this : Meat Wagon: Cow-feed misdeeds | Gristmill: The environmental news blog | Grist

Just one of many stories that explains corn of any kind is not a good feed stock for cows, much less distiller grains that come from Ethanol production

I say let the cows eat grass and feed them a lil oats if you must and leave all the feed corn for the Ethanol plants ..LOL :biggrin:

Distillers Grains are a great source of feed for livestock. Ethanol production only consumes starch from corn, ALL of the protiein, minerals and nutrients remain in the distillers grains. This has got to be one of the biggest misconceptions about ethanol - people think that the Ethanol industry is robbing corn from the world's food supply, when in fact it is just an intermediate process that does not remove any of the feed value from corn.

Cattle are fed a steady diet of corn because that is what the consumer demands (juicy, tender steaks, with a lot of marbling). Of course it is not healthy for cattle to be forced into a diet that turns them into incredibly obese creatures. But go ahead and try a tough, dry t-bone steak from a grass fed animal and let's see if you change your mind on that last sentence.

Now I know why I have a (beer) belly. It is the damn corn I've been eating:biggrin: Anyway, the only thing that sucks about e85 now is it doesn't offer any savings. Gas goes up, e85 goes up. It takes more e85 to go the same distance as gas. For our cars it has more benifits, but for most, it isn't going to save you anything at this time. Actually, our company has a 05 flex fuel yukon and after we tried both gas and e85, gas was the better deal:mad: Now, I haven't priced e85 in a long time, gas here is $3.99 for premium and cam2 is $5.75. Cam2 doesn't seem as costly anymore:smile: I still think it is funny how mobil can post record profits when oil is so high, but yet they are not over charging. They say it is because of the cost of oil. Ok, well shouldn't their profits remain stable or increase a little if they raise the price of gas accordingly? Oh, well, now I am ranting and need another beer, oh I mean some more corn on the cob:D

Now I know why I have a (beer) belly. It is the damn corn I've been eating:biggrin: Anyway, the only thing that sucks about e85 now is it doesn't offer any savings. Gas goes up, e85 goes up. It takes more e85 to go the same distance as gas. For our cars it has more benifits, but for most, it isn't going to save you anything at this time. Actually, our company has a 05 flex fuel yukon and after we tried both gas and e85, gas was the better deal:mad: Now, I haven't priced e85 in a long time, gas here is $3.99 for premium and cam2 is $5.75. Cam2 doesn't seem as costly anymore:smile: I still think it is funny how mobil can post record profits when oil is so high, but yet they are not over charging. They say it is because of the cost of oil. Ok, well shouldn't their profits remain stable or increase a little if they raise the price of gas accordingly? Oh, well, now I am ranting and need another beer, oh I mean some more corn on the cob:D

I don't disagree that the fuel economy of a vehicle drops if it's running on E85. My biggest beef is that the automakers could improve the mileage of their vehicles that run off of E85. Case in point, the article below proves that fuel economy can be improved running on alcohol.

Saab BioPower 100 Concept E100 Ethanol Vehicle | Green Car .com

if GM was to make a few special edition flagship cars- like, say a Corvette and the Camaro that's coming out next year, along with maybe the turbocharged Solstice- that can only be run on E85, then they'd show everyone that you can get good economy along with power with E85. but they'd need to build the engines with a ton of static compression to really take advantage of the fuel- like 13:1 or so on the NA cars, and maybe 11:1 on the turbo cars. it can be done pretty easily, but i don't think they want to take the risk of building a car that can't really be used where E85 isn't readily available over the short term.

if GM was to make a few special edition flagship cars- like, say a Corvette and the Camaro that's coming out next year, along with maybe the turbocharged Solstice- that can only be run on E85, then they'd show everyone that you can get good economy along with power with E85. but they'd need to build the engines with a ton of static compression to really take advantage of the fuel- like 13:1 or so on the NA cars, and maybe 11:1 on the turbo cars. it can be done pretty easily, but i don't think they want to take the risk of building a car that can't really be used where E85 isn't readily available over the short term.

I agree, all I'm saying is they could definitely improve and optimize what they already have.