You can type here any text you want

Is my fuel system going to hold me back?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I'm finally getting this car ready to go and I think I may have some concerns about the fuel system, but I'd like some "expert advice".

It's a stock 109 block with ported intake, ported heads with larger valves, 206 billet roller, SLIC, external gate downpipe, and a journal bearing 6262 turbo. I'm installing Razor's alky kit this week and switching over to a turbotweak SD chip. Currently there is a 7 year old 340m pump that's got about 25k miles on it and Racetronix 50# injectors.

I plan on running 18-20psi in street trim and hopefully cranking it up to 24 at the track. Am I on borrowed time with this fuel pump and will I be running out of injector? If so, what should I be looking to get as replacements?

No one has an opinion if this is going to be enough injector and pump to run this combo???

My opinion is you have a low 11 sec, high 10 build, and the injectors should be fine.

Fuel delivery is another story though. With alky, you can,and possibly wiil, develop more HP, but you MUST have more fuel to go along with the increased HP. Alky cools the intake charge, but you need more fuel to feed the HP. This has been proven by the awful damage many owners have experienced by going too lean.

At this point I have had too many problems with Walbro pumps, and I would not personally trust a pump that old for where you are going.

With alky, you can,and possibly wiil, develop more HP, but you MUST have more fuel to go along with the increased HP. Alky cools the intake charge, but you need more fuel to feed the HP.

Yep, Im running stock injectors and just added alky. I found myself needing to pull some boost out of my setup due to what looks to be a lack of fuel. I assumed the alky would help to supplement the volume of fuel needed but to my supprise it seems to do just the opposite.

Nick, thanks for your response. At this time then, what do you think would be a good replacement for my aging Walbro pump? Is there a single pump that can handle it or should I start looking at double pumper setups?

Im not an Expert but have some exp...

Local car with a very similar combo is fine with a single reds xp pump and 75's. DC% is in the 55-60%, with the safe a/f numbers. The 50's reached the 90% easy with boost in the mid 20's. Granted these were not new injectors but the simple calculations I made would put a set of 50's in the 80-90%DC range in a full weight street car at around 25psi.

Back