Is Variable Injector Controller needed w/ DFI Batch Fire using 75lbs??

TurboTTypeWE4

ATR Turbo Buick
Right now I am using 50 or 55 lb (2.8 ohm) injectors and upgrading to 75 lbs delpi (2.6 ohm) injectors. I was told I have to use the Variable injector controller for them to work. Is this true or can the DFI system handle this size injector???

yes i believe so, if not you will burn out the injector drivers

OK it so far is a tie. : )

SingleTurboIroc:
With your thinking wouldn't the low ohm 50 or 55 lbs that I have in there burn out the injector driver? I have had the 50 or 55 lbs in there since I have had the car for 2 1/2 years now and the owner had them probably 1 to 2 years prior to me. What will burn out the injector driver OHMs or lbs?

CraigT:
What have you done to your car and how long have you had the 72 lbs in there? You can e-mail me at TurboTTypeWE4@aol.com instead of posting if you want.

Hoping to get more responses. Thanks for both quick responses also.

I had DFI/no ViC with 72s and no problems also. Drove it on semi long trips (200 mi round trip) never missed a beat.

I am using dfi with a vic and 72's. I wasn't sure if I needed the vic, but after talking to Harry at Precision, he told me I shouldn't use low ohm injectors without the vic.

The batch ecu has 4 injector drivers. When configured for our 6 cyls we only use three drivers. 2 low ohm injectors on one driver will work for a period of time but soon or later a driver will give up.

I bought the vic because I didn't want to fry any drivers, and it gives you more control over the pulse width. One more tuning option without changing the fuel map.

David Roland

CraigT:
What have you done to your car and how long have you had the 72 lbs in there? You can e-mail me at TurboTTypeWE4@aol.com instead of posting if you want.

What haven't I done to my car? ;)

I had the 72's in for a good while but not very many miles. I had 50 in before. I just cut the old program down and then adjusted my idle cells again.

My dad just had this done. It is worth it. You will fry the injector drivers in a batch fire box sooner or later.

I can tell you for sure that once you do it all of a sudden you have to take out at least 10 15 percent out of the fuel map. Once you have one driver per injector it is much more efficient. And it is better control over the injectors.

70 pound injectors you can get away with but anything bigger you will see problems eventually.

The only drawback to doing this VIC is that there is no upgrade in software or menus. But you can increase the injectors up to 25% by turning the knobs.

Good luck

Is there any way to test them with a meter. Like what pins and what readings to look for?