You can type here any text you want

I've heard good & bad with FAST XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hungerbuhler1

Hey guys i want to know if i should install this on my car. Some people i have ran into have told me unless its strictly a track car dont get it. Then seeing on here people love it driving on the street. Im not good with computers at all so is this also not a good choice for that reason? What does this system actually do? Does it give you more power? Or just able to tune it better?

Xfi

It's a really good tuning/logging tool. I had one on my car but found it to be overkill ,so I went with the stock ecm with a powerlogger and turbo tweak chip.

It's a really good tuning/logging tool. I had one on my car but found it to be overkill ,so I went with the stock ecm with a powerlogger and turbo tweak chip.

Thank you thats what i have heard so far from people i have spoke with.

What it really boils down to is your ability to tune. They can run just as smooth as the stock ecm but like anything there is a learning curve. Worse for some than others. XFI is for the more advanced tuners who already know the basics and have a general idea of how the system works. ;)

But if your down there in Melbourne Fla. you live by one of the best Fast tuners around. And by the way I perfer the fast unit over a stock ecm anyday.

Steve

Hey guys i want to know if i should install this on my car. Some people i have ran into have told me unless its strictly a track car dont get it. Then seeing on here people love it driving on the street. Im not good with computers at all so is this also not a good choice for that reason? What does this system actually do? Does it give you more power? Or just able to tune it better?

You are in Melbourne, where's the confusion????

You are in Melbourne, where's the confusion????

LOL i know i just dont want to have to rely on Cal to change it for me everytime i change something. Im hoping to get with him within next few weeks. One car is at kdk getting motor built and other is being painted. Im just trying to learn more about it and see if thats what i want.

LOL i know i just dont want to have to rely on Cal to change it for me everytime i change something.

You don't have to rely on me. I sell these systems all over the country. The customer gets a custom startup program for his application. We include complete directions on the install and those directions include my cell phone number for initial startup help. Once we get the car idling perfect, I then teach the customer how to tune their car themself.
In your case, I would just meet up with you and do the initial startup myself, while teaching you what I'm doing. After this, you would be more than capable of tuning any changes yourself or meeting me if you get stumped.
I realize these systems can be intimidating and aren't for everyone. First you need to determine what your goals are, then we can see if you need an XFI. I know the shop you are using does not like aftermarket ecu's.

Do I know you? If you prefer, you can PM me. I saw in another thread you mentioned seeing me street race back in my younger days.

Back