You can type here any text you want

Jeff Harrington (Saywhen Racing) 200 MPH Pass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S2V6RACER

Banned
For those of you who don't know, Jeff and his sons have been in the Buick game longer than most. They built a awesome TSO car back in 08 and sold it to Flipmo. The car is out of the country now, it won several awards. They stepped up to Mustangs and are doing what Buicks do, doing more with less. They have made the most HP and went the fastest with their particular combo, which some said it would never do.... That have won the 10.5 outlaw class at Milan next year and that's racing against some of the best out there.

First 200 MPH video by Jeff_Harrington - Photobucket

Ted, thanks for the video, that is definitely one wicked Mustang! What is the combo they are running? I think last time I seen them post it was a SBF with a single 106mm turbo??

I never realized that was Jeff's. Looking at the pics it looks like it could be a twisted wedge SBF with 106mm.

We got a single 106 turbo 10.5 mustang coming together now for next year.
Installing an XFI system and tuning it.
Doubt we will make Milan with it though.
Here is a pic of it during a 100ft shakedown pass at the ned of the season last year,Broke the 300m input shaft on the built glide when it hit second gear!

Great car Jeff,nice job!

Attachments

• joe-car.jpg
    joe-car.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 402
Thanks guys.

Your correct it is a 408ci SBF, cast dart block 9.5" deck, 106mm billet turbo, AFR 225 heads, powerglide, & car weight with driver 3250lbs during the 200mph run. We know there is a 7.2X's in the car seeing we ran 7.40 @ 180mph letting off after 5.2 seconds into the run, just about took out the cones at the 1000ft marker. Unfortunately, with that combo we won't know how fast it would have gone seeing next year we are stepping up to twins and a Bennett build 441ci all aluminum motor with SC-1 heads. Hopefully this will be good for some 6.8X's. Here is a link to the updates. Upgrades for the 2010 Season

It is amazing how much how similar the Mustang is to the Buick, the biggest difference is the extra (2) cylinders.

Jeff Jr.

We got a single 106 turbo 10.5 mustang coming together now for next year.
Installing an XFI system and tuning it.
Doubt we will make Milan with it though.
Here is a pic of it during a 100ft shakedown pass at the ned of the season last year,Broke the 300m input shaft on the built glide when it hit second gear!

Great car Jeff,nice job!

Otto,

The car looks nice, it is amazing the power level of a SBF and 106mm. We had a similar issue with our tranny last year, basically cost us from going to the finals at a race last year. Car was pulling hard with the wheels in the air, grabbed 2nd and the nose slammed to the ground really hard.

Who does the tranny work for the Mustang? Rossler updated ours to the new input shaft that is the largest one they make without having the external oiling system and we have had great luck ever since.

Jeff Jr.

Thanks guys.

Your correct it is a 408ci SBF, cast dart block 9.5" deck, 106mm billet turbo, AFR 225 heads, powerglide, & car weight with driver 3250lbs during the 200mph run. We know there is a 7.2X's in the car seeing we ran 7.40 @ 180mph letting off after 5.2 seconds into the run, just about took out the cones at the 1000ft marker. Unfortunately, with that combo we won't know how fast it would have gone seeing next year we are stepping up to twins and a Bennett build 441ci all aluminum motor with SC-1 heads. Hopefully this will be good for some 6.8X's. Here is a link to the updates. Upgrades for the 2010 Season

It is amazing how much how similar the Mustang is to the Buick, the biggest difference is the extra (2) cylinders.

Jeff Jr.

You'll be happy with the Bennett motor. He's building a 427 Billet headed engine for a car here at the house. It will have twin 47/88's.

Stopped over Jeffs house yesterday to see some updates. The pictures do no justice to how well thought out and clean this car is.

Thanks guys, still miss the Buick but we have had a blast with this car. Hopefully we can get it to run a little stronger next year. Can't waite to see how Ted's car runs with the changes. Dusty you are not running the SB2 anymore?

Otto,

The car looks nice, it is amazing the power level of a SBF and 106mm. We had a similar issue with our tranny last year, basically cost us from going to the finals at a race last year. Car was pulling hard with the wheels in the air, grabbed 2nd and the nose slammed to the ground really hard.

Who does the tranny work for the Mustang? Rossler updated ours to the new input shaft that is the largest one they make without having the external oiling system and we have had great luck ever since.

Jeff Jr.

Jeff the trans was sent down to Keith Neil in Georgia and he went through it for us.
He is pretty big in the 10.5 market

Thanks guys, still miss the Buick but we have had a blast with this car. Hopefully we can get it to run a little stronger next year. Can't waite to see how Ted's car runs with the changes. Dusty you are not running the SB2 anymore?

No. The SB2's were great but keeping the head flat between the center exhaust ports was an issue once I reached the 1700hp range. About 2 races and they needed to be machined flat. Just too much heat in that area no matter what I did with the water.

It was time for a new block anyway and I wanted the SBX heads to be more like the Ford guys;) I ended up swapping to a big block and will be ready next month. I have a customers car at the house now that is getting a Bennett motor. SBX head 427 SBC.

Back