You can type here any text you want

Just bought a 4.1 block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BeanSS

SlickSquid
:biggrin:
Thanks to the Parts Section on the good ol' forum!!
I got half a good mind to go with a Hot Air SFI setup...they cost next to nothing it seems like....Im still waiting on that new turbo setup from the Dr. Minder bender and the Evil Genius (Charlie and War Wagon)

So im gonna piece this engine together using the 4.1 recipe on the other site
I think im gonna grab the pistons while I still have the money...I would LOVE some clear guidance on this one though fellas...I mean compression and floating pins and press fit pins?!?!?!?? I got enough bread to get some custom forged ones but If I could buy some off the shelf that fit but are under another part number (Like Chevy or Pontiac pistons? ) that would save money I'd love it! haha

Oh and I looked in Craigslist a little while back and seen a n 8.5 rear off an old Blazer...would that rear fit our cars? It was going for DIRT cheap so it's the only reason I asked..Im not into making any power yet (which is why im piecing the engine together) But for $100 I would grab it if it fits seeing as how I see them going for $800 and up! :eek: Gotta grab the steals whereever I can get em!

So yeah the LT1 idea is out! Im going to save it for another car im looking at getting in the future. Im staying V6.

The only thing on that rear that'll work is the ring and pinion. The Blazer uses a leaf spring rear so there's no place to mount the upper control arms. Sorry.

My original plan was to do an SFI HA car and I've got most of the parts, but I got hooked on the C/T system like Aj did. Much less to deal with but you have to do the research to make it work.

I've been looking for some time for an off the shelf piston that would work with a stock rod but no luck. 2 years and counting. I have found that I can get one for the long rod motor I'm trying to build though. The problem with the stock piston is the pin height. No other engine uses as tall a piston so you'll need to go hyper or custom.

I can see it beeing the cheaper way to go for sure..I mean tge problems the SFI guys have always seem to cost alot of bread! So I can see a purpose in definitely sticking with the carb!

Damn shame about that Blazer rear...I thought I was about to get a come up!

i got a set of hyperutectic slugs for a 4.1 forsale....

they should hold decently for what your doing.

there are, several turbo upgrades for the stock turbo now. I just need a guinea pig.

A.j.

Cool you got a PM Doc!!
I see these can put out around 500hp according to the recipe (But that was with a Inter Cooled setup) I still may go that way ...Im not for sure but im still going to piece this motor together until I make a decision on going IC or staying Hot Air

Bare block, short block or ??? Which casting number?

They have the turbo crank and rods. Plenty of people drop them in as is. I'm going with the stock bottom end on mine.

B4Black
it's a bare block, casting number ends in 291, Im going to be using the crank that came either from my current turbo motor , Or I'll grab another one from off here If I don't feel like having my car down for that long.

Back