You can type here any text you want

Just bought a set of alum GN1s old style that was said to be new style

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Which cracking are you talking about- the crack to the extra bolts, or between the valves/or to the plug?

I know my plugs weren't over torqued ;)

TurboTR

did anyone notice the diffrence between ILUVBOOST and Turbo1dr "NEW STYLE" heads? Turbo1dr have the area removed where ILUVBOOST have the GN1 logo

You need to to look at the exhaust valve guides for sure to see which type they are, the oldest ones had brass intake and brass exhaust guides, ok for the intake but not the exhaust, once you turned up the power the brass exhaust guide would begin to chip away and promptly take out the turbine wheel in your turbo. later heads had bronze guides with a steel jacket [better] and then a solid iron guide was the latest fix.

did anyone notice the diffrence between ILUVBOOST and Turbo1dr "NEW STYLE" heads? Turbo1dr have the area removed where ILUVBOOST have the GN1 logo
There were a few revisions to the heads over the years. ILUVBOOST is newer than mine. I'm not sure when they changed to his style.

Back