You can type here any text you want

just when you think everything is going good

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

well eveything has been fine and what do you know i was driving home last night and i just happened to look at my oil pressure gage and i see it sitting on zero

i say to my self WTF i stop pull over check the gage wiring and its good so i check the oil and its full keep in mind i have been keeping the car like under 10 psi driving to work back with no abuse just to keep it running till i deploy so i started it again and the lifters are getting louder.

i tow it to my house take off the oil feed line to the turbo have my friend start it and not even a ****ing drop comes out .

spun bearing when it hasnt been revved over 4000?
bad oil pump? weber front cover and pump?
or idk wtf else happened

just ****en great

Possible cam bearing issue.

Did the cam sensor back out? Is the oil pump spinning? Those would be the easiest things to check before pulling the engine out. I would take the bottom of the oil pump off and start there.

deadhorse.gif

Who won the pool this time?.............:rolleyes:

I think we all won the pool.

New pool, Who is going to get blamed for the oil psi dropping out? I'll take the engine builder, or the guy selling hot dogs in the parking lot :rolleyes:

Go back and check the very first thread, I believe I did:p

Need a quick chuckle :)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/288881-i-fu-en-give-up.html

Thats just because your a post whore and got to him first :eek: :biggrin:

Man, you guys are a rough crowd. I defended him before and I guess I'll do it again. Probably b/c I was him 10 years ago with these cars. I learned the hard way too, I guess I was lucky that all my old threads disappeared when the board crashed and the GNTTYPE list disappeared:redface:

The kids at least trying guys. He did listen to the advice finally and he's trying to get it right as well as make up. Come on...give the kid another chance.

I will give him all the chances he wants..

Sooooooo how much do you two want in for......:biggrin: .

We all make mistakes, but there comes a time when you have to start Learning from those mistakes. When advice and help (gnxtc2) are offered to you, you should suck up your pride and take it. You cant keep throwing money and parts at a car (well I guess there is an exception this time), and expect the car to run right. My grandfather told my dad "If you dont know how it works, Dont take it apart" and my dad told me the same thing. You have to know the rules before you can play the game.

Sooooooo how much do you two want in for......:biggrin: .

I'll put $50 on a blown rod, and another $100 if it windows the block :rolleyes:

i did take the advice braught it back to the builder and personaly drove the car to billys house if you havent seen any recent posts from me lately its been because nothing has been wrong i have a lot of paper work to do and alot of trips going from a couple different bases and still trying to pay alot of **** off before i leave theres no hole in the engine it happened while i was cruising at 30 mph so how it happened idk i just saw it was at zero car is sitting in the driveway for atleast 3 years now or maybe forever

The next level

Purchased and installed a Zimmerman built 237 109. Instal has been ongoing for several months, While waiting for a few small items I decided to purchase Erics TT SD Chip. Setup went pretty straightforward. First couple of drives showed the fuel was too rich down low, Took it out for a short run around the block while recording the PL file. Things looking good then suddenly,,,nothin,,,no power. Car was running fine about an hour prior. Turned on the side road and slowly rolled into the range,,,was expecting to pull hard, It did lay me back but somewhere into this short burst the car :hiccup: no power, drifed to the side of the road. Car wouild turn over just fine...fuel pressure is there, Spark looks very orange or near red. Checked the crank sensor and it's still the same unit I replace about 2 months ago, During the drive the car was responding to throttle command very well. Pushed the throttle a little more and the car just died, Checked the powerlogger file from the run and saw the annomoly as it happend...then everything went dead, New plugs, wires, all check out...I ohmed the coil packs and the seem fine. Went back to the codes tab and there it was Code 42. leaning towards needing a new module? Coil packs ohm'd out within 2 % of each bank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Guys give him (Bobby) a break. He came over my house when he got the car running about 3-4 weeks ago. I even drove the car. It felt strong.

I don't know what the oil pressure is.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

im gonna change the oil first and make sure its not a clogged filter than check the pressure out of the sensor than drop the pan

MAybe....

Purchased and installed a Zimmerman built 237 109. Instal has been ongoing for several months, While waiting for a few small items I decided to purchase Erics TT SD Chip. Setup went pretty straightforward. First couple of drives showed the fuel was too rich down low, Took it out for a short run around the block while recording the PL file. Things looking good then suddenly,,,nothin,,,no power. Car was running fine about an hour prior. Turned on the side road and slowly rolled into the range,,,was expecting to pull hard, It did lay me back but somewhere into this short burst the car :hiccup: no power, drifed to the side of the road. Car wouild turn over just fine...fuel pressure is there, Spark looks very orange or near red. Checked the crank sensor and it's still the same unit I replace about 2 months ago, During the drive the car was responding to throttle command very well. Pushed the throttle a little more and the car just died, Checked the powerlogger file from the run and saw the annomoly as it happend...then everything went dead, New plugs, wires, all check out...I ohmed the coil packs and the seem fine. Went back to the codes tab and there it was Code 42. leaning towards needing a new module? Coil packs ohm'd out within 2 % of each bank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

start your own thread???:confused:
You'd probably get more/better responses.:cool:

Back