You can type here any text you want

Keeping $$'s down on stage 2 short block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Any tips or tricks to keeping the $$'s down on a stage 2 short block build up. What I'm trying to do is build a stout short block to put a stock top end on to. This will be a stage 2 on center 3.8L short block. Is there any thing goofy you get into with a stage block? What short block parts are different?

I have good oncenter block, 6.5" wide journal carillo rods, and a forged crank. I plan on bolting on my iron TTA heads, exh manifolds, and modifeid intake or picking up a oncenter BGC intake.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postal said:
I have good oncenter block, 6.5" wide journal carillo rods, and a forged crank. I plan on bolting on my iron TTA heads, exh manifolds, and modifeid intake or picking up a oncenter BGC intake.

Just be sure your BGC manifold is obtained from someone other than BGC, Aka Southern Customs....OR you WILL go POSTAL!!
:D :eek: :eek:

Yeah no kidding! BGC was the first vendor I used to order my parts from. One day I had to call them up and cancel about $2000 worth of back ordered items. That John and Cheryl where aweful nice but had no idea on the proper way of running a business.
Then I started buying my stuff from Modern Muscle car. I still have a NIB budget roler cam kit! You guys think I should throw that in this motor. I personaly never got mad at MMC over that deal I think that was comp cams F' up all the way. Infact of the two main vendors wasn't Mike Licht the only one offering to refund the $$'s from the cam part of the kit and the other vendor just hung thier customers out to dry. Never made since to me that the guy trying to make it right was the one who went out of business. Its nice to see that Mike has his own business going again.
I like to deal with Jack Cotton when ever I can. Ive never had any thing but good dealings with Jack.

Jason

Back