You can type here any text you want

kr reading

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kr

Thats pretty good thinking i will definitley check that thats a quick free test right there thanks!

Yeah, glad to see the knock is under control for the most part. Do you recall the 02 readings?

kr

yes they where right @ 800ish. Im going to do the motor mount test before my drive today and then hopefully the last turn on the wastegate will put my boost right where the chip is set up for and knock will be entirely gone,and hey jasjamz i have started reading the 2 sites you posted they are very informative thanks a ton thats good good stuff to refe back to now and then I will post my findings later if all is good then we can get a little more in depth abuot the alky set ups thanks again,Eric:D

Kr

Ok well here we go 16-16.5lbs of boost and knock is gone had like .2- .4 during shift points but back to 0 after the shift point so i can live with that i think especialy since its 92 not the 93 like i thought, so i think with the 93 and warmer outside temps i should be dead nuts on the money.I could only imagine what this thing would be like w/ another 8-10 lbs of boost on the alky and not having to worry about kr good lord!!:D:D whats your take on the end results jasjamz? at least the car responds well to changes!

Yeah thanks for that idea i have been tossing that around for while now, i would like to get some info first on it due to the 107,000 miles on motor however that kit might actually help it live a little longer in helping with keeping the knock down.Did you realy notice that much of a difference after the kit install?was it a razor progressive kit?

You have a very similar setup to me. You ask how much of a difference after a meth kit is added.....

I went from a 13.30 using a TT 93 street chip,17 PSI, to a 12.1 with TT Alky chip & Razors meth kit, 23 PSI. This was on an 85* day too. Cooler weather, and there are upper 11's in my future for sure.:biggrin:

Ok well here we go 16-16.5lbs of boost and knock is gone had like .2- .4 during shift points but back to 0 after the shift point so i can live with that i think especialy since its 92 not the 93 like i thought, so i think with the 93 and warmer outside temps i should be dead nuts on the money.I could only imagine what this thing would be like w/ another 8-10 lbs of boost on the alky and not having to worry about kr good lord!!:D:D whats your take on the end results jasjamz? at least the car responds well to changes!

Sounds good to me. You're correct though, adding 8-10 psi will change the way the car acts in a surprising way. Don't stop watching the KR though. Its one of those things you have to keep tabs on.

Hey cat man thats pretty impressive! you guys are killing me with this alky thing, though x-mas is coming still would like to here more feedback though knowledge is something you cant have to much of!:) we are almost identicle on the set up thats for sure thanks for the good comparison realy gives a perspective on what to expect.Don't worry about not watching the kr jas i spent the money for the tools i use them, its probably the only thing that saved my a$$.Thanks for all the help in trouble shooting much appreciated!!!

first i checked fuel pressure @ idle 44lbs. line off... this was @ 18 lbs of boost w/ 60lbs of fuel pressure
Next from a stop i had 2.6 kr @19lbs of boost with 60 lbs. of fuel pressure

OK guy's, I'm certainly no tuner but isn't it true that fuel pressure should rise one pound for each pound of boost? He should be at 62 and 63 pounds in this example, and not at 60 or am I missing something?

first i checked fuel pressure @ idle 44lbs. line off... this was @ 18 lbs of boost w/ 60lbs of fuel pressure
Next from a stop i had 2.6 kr @19lbs of boost with 60 lbs. of fuel pressure

OK guy's, I'm certainly no tuner but isn't it true that fuel pressure should rise one pound for each pound of boost? He should be at 62 and 63 pounds in this example, and not at 60 or am I missing something?

You are correct. It would depend on the tuner to be detailed as to if it was 60 or "about" 60. The same goes for the boost. My Autometer Boost gauge is 1.5 to 2 psi low compared to my Powerlogger.

kr

x2 this is why i dropped the boost to 16lbs on top of my 44lbs of fuel pressure gives me my 60 lbs of fuel wich is what i have now and no more knock.

So did it ever exceed 60 psi of fuel pressure? What type of gauge are you using?

kr

No it did not,i was using a gauge you would check pressure at the rail with like to check for a bad pump with a little longer hose i added to read while driveing you can buy at auto zone.Do you think i should check to see what kind of pump is in tank prior to a alky set up?ya know the previouse owner had replaced one of the frame fuel lines but its in a couple differnt pieces i often wondered if all the connections restricted the flow at all?i guess the gauge could be off a little to who knows.

No it did not,i was using a gauge you would check pressure at the rail with like to check for a bad pump with a little longer hose i added to read while driveing you can buy at auto zone.Do you think i should check to see what kind of pump is in tank prior to a alky set up?ya know the previouse owner had replaced one of the frame fuel lines but its in a couple differnt pieces i often wondered if all the connections restricted the flow at all?i guess the gauge could be off a little to who knows.

I use the same kind. I would put a battery charger on the car and supply 12 volts to the black spade connector behind the alternator. Now with the car off the fuel system will run. See if you can crank the regulator screw in until you get the gauge to go to 74-75 psi. If it wont go past 60, you may have a weak pump.

Seems to me that if you want to get past 16 lbs boost you will need to at least see what you have pump wise (I'm assuming you didn't install it). PITA though just to look, might as well have a new one ready while you have the tank down.

kr

Good idea thats worth a try but suposively its a hv im half tempted to drop tank and take out the guessing **** and possibly replace that line while im at it but im going to try that test for the heck of it and see what happens thanks for the idea.And yes i agree with haveing one ready i hate not knowing!

Back