You can type here any text you want

Lakewood Drag Front Drag Shocks...keep ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

Setting up a "87 TR for a TT SBC . Car came with Ford 9" in the rear with QA1 3 postion adjustable shocks , and Lakewood Drag shocks in the front . Just buttoning up the front suspension with new tubualr A-Arms and new MOOG 5660 springs . should I dump the Lakewood drag shocks and consider something else in the front ? Orig owner ran the Lakewoods/stock V6 springs and the front sway bar . No idea how it handled with the previous owner setup (says he was doing 10's/not sure of his 60ft's). Car is now being built as a weekend street/strip toy .

If they aren't leaking, I'd at least try them.
If the car doesn't act like you want, I'd move on to some good adjustables...
I've used the QA1 single adj on all 4 corners.. Works OK. If I was doing it again, it would be double adj from a company that offers them dyno matched. A few more $$, but at least you know where you are starting from.
I also found that the ft end alignment was WAAAY off at stock specs. Car got scary loose at 140+. I had it aligned with me in the car, race wt, slicks on. We did several readouts at 1" rise intervals. Found the caster was going negative. [We videoed the car at the 660, and 1000' marks to get an idea as to how much rise we still had.] That biatch was carrying the mail!
Once we got the caster to stay reasonable, it ran like it was on rails.

In the FWIW dept: I've seen some adj's that were "out of the box" pairs...Were scary off on the dyno.:eek:

Thanks for reply , so what company offers a real nice adjustable front shock ?

Back