LED Parking light bulbs???

I don't have a link but I sourced Phillips bulbs from a couple of local parts stores and believe it or not the Walmart. I've had them in my Impala for three plus years and not one has gone out.

I just ordered this bulb for the under hood light. I ordered it in clear. It is supposed to aim the light forwards and also downward, so it should work really well. I hope the under hood heat is not an issue. http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/15-led-ba15s-bulb/169/
I got the bulb today. While the bulb burns cooler (doesn't burn your fingers when you try to take it out) and gives off a nice blueish light, a regular 1156 bulb actually lights up the engine bay better. The first 3 pics are the LED bulb, the second 3 pics are the 1156 bulb.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    504.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    619.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    619.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    588.8 KB · Views: 130
Can't really tell which one lights up the engine better in a picture without seeing the properties of the picture. With s brighter led and the camera set on auto the bright led will cause the camera to not see the engine bay as well. If the camera has a back lit setting it may give a netter comparison

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

It was kind of a cheap camera. I set the flash to off. But my eyes could tell the difference. LED bulb did not light up the engine as well as the regular 1156 bulb.

I got the bulb today. While the bulb burns cooler (doesn't burn your fingers when you try to take it out) and gives off a nice blueish light, a regular 1156 bulb actually lights up the engine bay better. The first 3 pics are the LED bulb, the second 3 pics are the 1156 bulb.

Do the lights shine down or out? They look like they would be shining in your face.

The 1156's you used are incandescent or LED?

The 1156's fit in the socket no problem? = > EDIT - I just read the 89 hood light and 1156 are interchangeable. I guess on concern would be the length of the bulb...

I've tried the side marker lights and dash lights and was disappointed they were not as bright as the originals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk