Like new GNX found.

johan

HI,
I am writing here for the first time because I have found something that I thought would be of interest and I could use some advice as well. I know very little about GNX or Grand National cars but I have found three for sale and one of them is almost brand new with only something like 7 miles on it.
It has been parked in a wharehouse since new up on jackstands along with 2 more than were occasionally driven. I am going to collect these today and will take some photos.
GNX #1 has 40,000 miles and a sunroof from the factory
GNX #2 has 7 miles and no sunroof
Grand National has about 40,000 miles. All of the cars are Black paint.
Any ideas on real world values ? Any precautions I should take ?
Thanks for your time.

All GNXs and GN were black.
You'll want to get the #'s of the cars off the dash plaque... Will help ID the pedigree of the car. Get the VIN too as that will permit a CarFax Check. I know that there were 2GNXs that had ASC sunroof's put in, doesn't mean someone else did it too. If authentic, the 7 mile one would be worth a pretty penny, the 40k mile one somewhat less depending on the condition. Post up as many of the pics of the cars as you can.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking 75,000, 25,000 and 15,000 as values.
The Sunroof car is original. I do not even know the numbers, but have bought previous cars from this collector in the past and all have been legitimate. This is a collection that is liquidating. If you would like to entertain buying the car(s) at a later date, they will be auctioned.

edited to correct spelloing error.

Welcome to the club!

when you determine that you want to sell the GNX's
please let me know, also pics, and #'s
where are you located.
thanks
cruzn57

I'll take the middle of the road GNX for 25K, PM me if you have details and pictures available. Thanks, Mike.

Hmm

Sounds really shaky to me.

I'd guess that if 2 of 547 GNXs were being "liquidated" that someone well established on this forum would have known about it.

Buyer beware folks, cover your butts BEFORE cash changes hands. Let recent fraudulent happenings on eBay guide your thoughts and actions....

OK, OK, simmer down:) . I would be skeptical too. I was just asking for values assuming the cars were legit. There is no expectation that any forum member is going to buy these cars. No cash is going to trade hands. I have NO IDEA about these cars and I am trying to establish a reasonable value asuming they are legit, which I in fact know them to be, but do not expect you to believe. I have bought a couple of cars from this collection and taking these was part of the deal and am doing a favor in moving these. I do not know who you are and you do not know who I am and you do not know if the cars are legit, but if they were legit, I was asking if the 75,25 and 15 were decent prices, good for both seller and buyer. I guessed the values from looking at EBAY,but at this point the deal is done. I promise I'll provide pictures and what number they are etc. later, and then I might put them on Ebay or something, or keep them , who knows:cool: . I actually like them a lot now that I have a better feel for them.
I UNDERSTAND that you are not interested in buying a car like this and this is not an attempt to sell the cars, but rather an attempt to get a ballpark for the price I should pay for them without ripping off the seller or obviously paying too much.
Johan

It was all I could do to just get them picked up at this point. We are all busy people and I appreciate your time.

Edited for bad spelling.

By the way, there was also another car that is a Buick GNX type car but not a Black GNX, but a Miller Beer decaled one. I drove it !

check the #'s & check the decal that's on top of the big A/C box (pass side) it should read Asc MClauren. They had to get the cars to pass smog there 4 their decal instead of GM's.

That's the first visual thing I check on a "GNX". Pretty much everything else is reproduced/sold. :smile:

This is a camera phone picture of #482, the 7 mile car.

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,772
This is the Miller Beer car. The plan is to give it to Bobby Allison's daughter.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,785
This is GNX number 035. Note the sunroof.

Attachments

• GNX 016 (Small).jpg
    GNX 016 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,517