Like new GNX found.

Hello everyone. I just saw GNX468 is up for sale. I was looking thru the photos and came across the trunk. It is all done in gray carpet. Was this the same in all? Can you buy it to put in a GN? Thanks Coach

like new gnx sold??

I've been told that the 9 mile GNX sold for over 100k at the auction last weekend, can anyone confirm this ? If so, I'd say they are holding their value quite well. The one on e-bay sold for over 85k today, and I still have mine at that price, that means those who want will buy and those who don't will complain:wink: :wink:

I've been told that the 9 mile GNX sold for over 100k at the auction last weekend, can anyone confirm this ? If so, I'd say they are holding their value quite well. The one on e-bay sold for over 85k today, and I still have mine at that price, that means those who want will buy and those who don't will complain:wink: :wink:

I have a few cars I would like to trade towards yours Nick :cool:

How come there was a gas guzzler tax when it got 15 city and 23 highway in 1987. That wasn't bad back then. Not bad now.

Well, I am back from The Goodwood Festival of Speed in England. It was quite a spectacle.
The cars did not sell at the auction and it is mostly my fault. I left town for England before I was able to supply the auction house with the paperwork on the cars, except the GN, which did sell. The two GNX cars received bids subject to getting the paperwork, but the sales were canceled
when the paperwork did not show up as hoped.
At this time the paperwork for the two GNXs (signed clear titles) is in the hands of the auction house and they will either sell the cars in their August auction
or sell them on Ebay or sell them by private sale. It is up to them. Maybe mid 80s(9 mile) and mid 40s(sunroof car) would buy the two cars, which was what the auction bids were, but there would NOT be the 15% auction commission on a private sale.

Maybe mid 80s(9 mile) and mid 40s(sunroof car) would buy the two cars, which was what the auction bids were, but there would NOT be the 15% auction commission on a private sale.

seems like very reasonable pricing.....

seems also a little fishy.......

Can you be more specific ? How can I defend against such a broad statement.
Do you mean was I in England during the auction ?
Do you mean the part about the paperwork?
Would you buy a car with no paperwork ?

What can I say...?
I'm assuming there are other forum members that are interested in these cars.

This is a Lola Cars Press release on my trip to england...
The lola racing team was made up of Al Unser, Jackie Stewart, Glyn Jones,Matrin Birrane, and me.
Would you miss a trip like that in order to collect some paperwork for an auction that might or might not occur ?

Lola Heritage - Scrapbook
08.jpg

sounds fishy for sure!!

Who own these cars anyway? You said earlier you were taking them as a favour or part of a previous deal, yet you did not receive paperwork then or by auction end. Now you say they will sell by auction,e-bay private,etc.,etc.. I called about the 40k mile car as I have been looking for a driven gnx as opposed to my low mile car they mentioned nothing about docs, and said they sold. Who is the seller? Who own these cars? And finally you asked what their worth, if these fell into my lap, I, as most people would know where to find this out before trying to sell. This is just my 2 cents.;) ;)

Thanks for the questions.

Who own these cars anyway? (The Auction company at this time) You said earlier you were taking them as a favour or part of a previous deal (Yes, I did not want these cars as much as others in the collection that are more in line with my own collection, although I do really like the GNXs) yet you did not receive paperwork then (correct) or by auction end (right, sort of. I was in England. Had I been here, I could have taken care of the paperwork.) . Now you say they will sell by auction,e-bay private,etc.,etc.. (correct, they are for sale) I called about the 40k mile car as I have been looking for a driven gnx as opposed to my low mile car they mentioned nothing about docs, and said they sold (They were there and for sale as of yesterday..) . Who is the seller? (the auction company at this time) Who own these cars? (the auction company now) And finally you asked what their worth, if these fell into my lap, I, as most people would know where to find this out before trying to sell. (Please re-read the original post in this thread again and see if you still are confused on this issue ) This is just my 2 cents.
I have no problem with your questioning the situation and hope I have answered your questions. I'm not going to argue but am happy to answer specific questions in order to help the cars find a good home. I posted here because YOU asked if anyone could confirm that the cars were sold. It sounds like you guys are done hearing about these cars and I'll respect that and quit posting about them. My work here is finished I think.

Johan,

Thanks for making the forum members aware of the cars..always great to find out about GNX's that have not been discovered in the TurboBuick online community.

As a note: Please DO NOT post Miscellanies Spam messages in other threads on this forum!

Thank You,

gnx like new

Johan don't get pissed off, most of the forum members are very intelligent buick enthusiasts, and ask a lot of questions about these cars. It's just that when the sale of these cars seemed so out of whack questions are asked. I personally don't understand why a 9 mile gnx would not be advertised in hemmings, etc., or brought to Barrett or other auctions where big spenders are willing and able. 9miles all docs,book,jacket, 100k for sure. The 9mile car on e-bay has been near 100k so many times, but they want 109k firm. You should have put it on e-bay, you would have gotten the 75k you first mentioned in your orig. post.:cool: :cool:

My 2 cents

These are facts, not rumors.
I spoke to Johan, he told me Rick Hendricks ( of hendricks motorsports had offered 165k for all 3 cars, so I backed off.
come to find out, after speaking with an associate of hendricks, that hendricks had NOT made an offer.
I signed up at auction, but confusion at the auction made is impossible to bid. (phone issues from the auction site)
now I'm seeing a much lower price than was quoted to me originally.
no offense to Johan. but my advice... cash and carry only!
there are to many stories going on, and none of them jive.

Johan... had you quoted me the prices your now requesting, this would have been all over, I was willing and ready to purchase at that time.
now, lets just say I have 20-20 hindsight.

thanks
cruzn57

Lee, your account is not accurate and shows a misunderstanding of what happened.
Anything having to do with Hendricks was info I was passing on from the auction company. Winston cup cars were part of the collection, so when the auction company told me that Hendricks was interested in the cars , I believed them and passed on what I was told. If it was not accurate, I think I made it clear to you that the auction company was the one getting the offers. I have posted several times the name of the auction company and the website link.

Lee says

"Johan... had you quoted me the prices your now requesting, this would have been all over, I was willing and ready to purchase at that time."

Lee, I am not requesting any prices. The cars have been sold to the auction company. They own them now. You told me you could not afford the cars at the price the auction company was asking (which was highest offer and subject to change, but never changed after MENTL231 said he would take them) and that they were for a friend of yours. I told you that you could NOT buy them because they were probably sold and we were just waiting for the check from MENTL231 . I can post the PM chain if you wish me to. That is a far cry from asking for money to be sent to me. I told you I was leaving town and to call the auction company.

I have never asked anybody to send me any money,except the auction house when they bought the cars. I suggest going to look at the cars at the auction place, if you like them, buy them. Sit in the car and pay through the window. Work your deal with the auction house direct. Leave me out of it , because at this point I have no interest in either the cars or helping members of the forum that would like to buy the cars from the auction company.

Nick19, I'm not pissed, but I am tired of all of the confusion and misunderstanding, which I feel a certain amount of responsibility for.

I DO hope that a person that has always wanted a GNX buys these and drives
the **** out of one of them and saves the other for his old age and then drives the **** out of that one.

Couple things I did this at :eek: ,

Someone drove a single digit car 7 miles to charge an old ass battery, this man must be shot dead!!!

Someone sent a payment for a high dollar vehicle in the mail ( maybe as a stamped letter ?? ) without next day delivery and signature?? OMG, you can't be that cheap considering you are about to purchase a 100k dollar vehicle.

I think those cars sold yesterday at an auction in Atlanta for around 30 something for the sunroof car and around 80 for the 9.7 mile car. They were hammered sold so if the person pays, sold. I hope you got the sunroof car Doug...

Cool Miller Car I was going to buy a white regal and do something similar but I got a Grand National so I keep it black. I have cool Documentary on the 1983 Championship season with that car.