Like new GNX found.

There are plenty GNX's out there with 4 miles on them that are stored away. 4 miles was the lowest mileage that you could buy from GM, as the cars went thru 4 miles worth of tests at the factory. Though a high ranking GM employee could probably get one with 0 miles.

Being a newbie, and not at all an expert, I don't know.
I have had it explained to me that the cars all had a few miles because
they were first built at Buick and then taken to ASC for completion into GNX cars and then test driven.
Like I posted above though, I will find out because I believe the 85mph speedos were swapped for 160 mph speedos and the 85 mph speedos will be available for inspection so we will actually know how low the miles were when the cars went to ASC.
This will be interesting ! Whatever they read, lower would be about impossible.
As far as the 7 mile to 9.7 mile deal, it is so funny how could I get mad ? It is history, spilled milk. The dead original battery is now back in the car, so that makes the drive the most worthless drive of a GNX in history .:eek:
I'm glad for the guy and we should elect him GNX man of the year. He does not speak English.

Update.
I have clarification on the speedo issue.
Both GNX cars have the original un-touched instruments.
The GN and only the GN had a new instrument panel installed. The new instrument panel was put in so that the speedo would be other than the 85mph speedo. The miles on the new panel are accurate because the new odometer was brought up[ to the level of the old panel at the time of replacement. I hope this is clear.

They say subject to prior sale. What is the starting bid going to be? I have funding to buy if its a good deal, but if they are starting at $80K, (Because the pending sale is $75K+ I'd rather not go. I am local, also had a collection of TRs/GNXs. May want to reinvest in one or a few.

After thinking about it, the original GN clusters were removed at ASC, so you will never know the exact miles on the car before the GNX Stewart Warner gauges were installed. So it is possible there could be a Zero mile GNX out there. Anyone with any info on how many miles ASC put on each GNX before delivery???

I'm interested in both GNX's

is there a price on either or, buy it now price?
or starting point for each?
please let me know,
I contacted the auction company, but would prefer to
deal prior to auction.
thanks

cruzn57

I was told a very high dollar figure for the purchase of all 3 vehicles, prior to auction. The woman said they wanted to sell all 3 together.

I suggest you hold off making any plans to attend the auction until the "subject to prior sale" nomenclature is removed. I understand they do take phone bids though during the auction. No offers are currently being accepted on the cars.
I appreciate your interest in the cars.

The auction company is entertaining offers on the car at this time. The cars were sold, but the check did not arrive.
It is a good time to talk to them about buying all three or making individual offers .

After consultation with the auction company, it has been decided that the cars will be auctioned with no reserve this weekend at the Red Baron antique auction.
Red Baron's Antiques ~ Fun Cars & Vehicles ~ Take a Look!

The snafu has been that last Thursday a forum member (MENTL231) made an offer on all three of the cars which was accepted. He promised to send a cashiers check for the cars and then gave his word that he sent it. No check came and he said it had been delayed, but was in the mail. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for 4 days. Now there is still no check and he will not return calls or e-mails. No explanation whatsoever. If he couldn't come up with the money he should have just said so. No reason to lie. Regardless of the show of bad character, we shall press on.
The problem is that there is no longer time for any of the other offers to be accepted, get THAT check, and leave any time for other interested parties to make travel plans to attend the auction if we are again subjected to a bad faith effort.
The auction company does allow phone bidding, but you must call at once and register. They would now require some sort of a check as a deposit to do a phone bid. I would suggest attending the auction however, as it is quite a show and there are a lot of neat items being sold. Lots of good food and drink as well.
I hope it is clear that the cars are now headed for a no reserve auction and this could be a chance to get one for what YOU are willing to pay. It is very late to announce this but that is just the way it is. Best of luck !

If you want know how many miles went on them at ASC, you should ask X-RAY. He built them and has been sharing all his info for months now. Look up X-RAY and ask, he seems very down to earth and gives great info and tells super stories about the GNX project.

After thinking about it, the original GN clusters were removed at ASC, so you will never know the exact miles on the car before the GNX Stewart Warner gauges were installed. So it is possible there could be a Zero mile GNX out there. Anyone with any info on how many miles ASC put on each GNX before delivery???

I can not tell you exactly how many miles were put on all the vehicles but all went through the chassis dyno :D before being shipped and there were no exceptions. Every car went through the dyno a minimum of once and some went through twice to fix quality issues found on the first dyno run. Additionally the first several dozen vehicles had more miles due to the speedo issues we were trying to fix(vibration of the pointer at 45 MPH) so we had to drive:biggrin: the cars on the freeway.
And unfortunately it is very easy to change the miles on this style of gauge.

I can not tell you exactly how many miles were put on all the vehicles but all went through the chassis dyno :D before being shipped and there were no exceptions. Every car went through the dyno a minimum of once and some went through twice to fix quality issues found on the first dyno run. Additionally the first several dozen vehicles had more miles due to the speedo issues we were trying to fix(vibration of the pointer at 45 MPH) so we had to drive:biggrin: the cars on the freeway.
And unfortunately it is very easy to change the miles on this style of gauge.

035 (the sunroof car) had 122 miles on it when new....according to the original title I have.

Auction took place as scheduled. Results preliminary:

035 (Moonroof) (44K mi) went for "over $50,000.00"
482 (9.7 mi) went for "well over $100,000.00"

Doug

The snafu has been that last Thursday a forum member (MENTL231) made an offer on all three of the cars which was accepted. He promised to send a cashiers check for the cars and then gave his word that he sent it. No check came and he said it had been delayed, but was in the mail. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for 4 days. Now there is still no check and he will not return calls or e-mails. No explanation whatsoever. If he couldn't come up with the money he should have just said so. No reason to lie. Regardless of the show of bad character, we shall press on.
The problem is that there is no longer time for any of the other offers to be accepted, get THAT check, and leave any time for other interested parties to make travel plans to attend the auction if we are again subjected to a bad faith effort.

WHEN I TALKED TO YOU, YOU SAID IF I WAS TO DECIDE AGAINST PURCHASING THE VEHICLES, IT WAS NO BIG DEAL IF I DID NOT SEND THE MONEY, AND YOU HAD PLENTY OTHER OFFERS BUT NO OTHER OFFERS WOULD BE ACCEPTED AND WOULD GO TO AUCTION. YOU ALSO SAID YOU WERE LEAVING TO GO AWAY OVER SEA'S AND WOULD NOT BE AROUND. NOT TO MENTION IT SEEMED AS THOUGH EVERYTIME I TALKED TO YOU THE PRICE WENT UP 5 OR TEN THOUSAND. FOR WHAT ITS WORTH I APPOLIGIZE FOR DECIDING AGAINST THE PURCHACE BUT NO REASON FOR THE BAD MOUTHING. I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HERE FOR A WHILE AND I HAVE NOT BEEN DISHONEST WITH ANOTHER MEMBER HERE EVER AND IT WILL NOT START WITH YOU! I HAVE ALSO BOUGHT CARS FROM MEMBERS AND HAD NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER. IF THERE WAS A FEEDBACK SECTION ON HERE I'M SURE IT WOULD BE POSSITIVE.. BUT THANKS ANYWAY FOR THE HARD TIME!!

jay,
I do not mind that you did not buy the cars. You are fully aware of what you did and I'm giving you a strong negative feedback for what it is worth.

jay,
I do not mind that you did not buy the cars. You are fully aware of what you did and I'm giving you a strong negative feedback for what it is worth.

SORRY IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY. I JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE DONE BUISNESS BEFORE THE AUCTION GOT ITS HANDS ON THE CARS. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO OWN THOSE CARS. BUT THE AFTER THE AUCTIONS PERCENTAGE ETC THE ENDING AMOUNT WAS MORE THAN I WANTED TO SPEND. THE INITIAL AMOUNT WAS MORE SETTLING. GUESS I SHOULD HAVE JUMPED ON A PLANE AND FLEW THE CHECK DOWN MYSELF. SHAME ON ME!!:frown:

. GUESS I SHOULD HAVE JUMPED ON A PLANE AND FLEW THE CHECK DOWN MYSELF. SHAME ON ME!!:frown:

I call that "put up or shut up" :cool: When I got the GNX a few years ago I went with $$$$$ and an enclosed trailer .. good thing to because I know the guy was "thinking" about changing his mind after I said I am leaving with the car :p :biggrin: