Limited 6L LS Conversion

subscribing.....thanks for all the info/pics...

will you add a final regal parts list after youre done?

subscribing.....thanks for all the info/pics...

will you add a final regal parts list after youre done?

Sure,
Here's a partial list. I'll add to it as I think of more parts.

Stock LQ4 shortblock with PRC ported 317 heads.
Small custom Comp Cam. 222/224 .600 lift 114 LS
Edelbrock Super Victor intake
Elbow from Intake Elbows
92mm FAST Throttle Body
Custom Headers/Tubing
Custom Engine Mounts
Tial 38mm Wastegate
JGS BOV
FAST XFI system
Dual 255 lph fuel pumps
Alky Control Meth injection
Turbonetics TC70 Turbo
Precision Turbo Front Mount Intercooler
TCI 4L80E Transbrake Transmission and StreetFighter Converter
TCI Outlaw Shifter
8.5" 10 bolt Rear w/ 3.42 Gears
HR Parts Rear Sway Bar
I reused the High Performance V6 exhaust system with 3" Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, Reused the new V6 radiator and the original fan
I had a driveshaft sitting around that was the correct length

Glad it is for the most part done. Congrats. Now take a couple months off and enjoy your car. Come August/Sept you can start on mine!!!!!!

Glad it is for the most part done. Congrats. Now take a couple months off and enjoy your car. Come August/Sept you can start on mine!!!!!!
LOL, I think I will enjoy it this summer. I hope to have a shop built by Aug...just in time to start on yours! :)

First let me say.... Great work!

I notice you have the XFI and XIM box running the CNP setup off the stock LS motors. Did you have any issues getting the CNP setup to work? How do you like it?

A friend of mine has a similar setup in a pickup truck, and kept breaking torque converters.

He eventually put a stock (4L80E) converter back in and its been fine for a while.

Keep an eye on it..

Bob

Hi Blazer,
I've installed a few XFI's now. It's pretty much a plug-n-play with the XIM. They communicate via a CAN connection. The instructions with the XIM explains it all. I'm just excited to have it running!

Thanks for the info Bob. I'll certainly keep an eye on it. Your friend's name wouldn't happen to be Dave would it?
If it does break, it'll be OK. I work at a torque converter manufacturing facility. It'll give us the opportunity to make it better.

No, his name is Matt.

I can get you in touch with him if you want. I think the ones that broke were TCI.

Bob

sweet build man!! just wondering if you had it to the track yet for those test passes? i'm dying to see the numbers on this beauty!

Hey Guys.
Sorry for being so slow on the updates. I haven't had a chance to race the car yet, but it sure does feel good! I just upgraded the radiator and added the aluminum bumper brackets. I also removed a few pounds from the front bumper support. All in all, I removed 27 lbs from the front of the car! I'll let y'all know how it does as soon as I get a chance to run it. :smile:

I've been driving the hot rod quite a bit for the last few days. Last night, one of the Bogarts split down the weld with a loud pop, while I was cruising at 55 mph. It was a handful for a few seconds!
blowout.jpg

Wow Im glad you were ok and didn't hurt the car. It would have really sucked to damage all of that hard work. What do you think caused that?

Chuck was correct. Although Bogart does offer street/strip wheels, these weren't. These were the Drag-on Stars...intended for racing only.