You can type here any text you want

Little GN guidance needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KCODE

The problem: My car set about 5 months due to a broken forward drum in the trans. I would start it twice a month. I just fixed the trans and put it back in. Before sitting the car was running perfect. Now it has a very noticeable miss. I drove it today and when I got to 16# boost it back fired. Scanmaster readings look normal.
My plan is: run out old fuel, change fuel filter, wires and plugs. My question is am I barking up the right tree or could it be something else. I've also recently put in a new ECM with powerlogger.

When you put the trans back in, are all the ground wires hooked back up?

If someone moved them to a trans bolt in the past, you might have left one hanging.

When you put the trans back in, are all the ground wires hooked back up?

If someone moved them to a trans bolt in the past, you might have left one hanging.
Would a bad ground cause it to run like I described?

A bad ground can make you want to soak the interior in diesel fuel and throw a match to it.

Make sure the ground is hooked up from the fire wall to bell housing on driver side.

Im thinking thats it b/c there was a spark under the car in that location.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

One think i forgot to mention I changed the fuseable link. I was wondering if that coyulf cause my recent issues?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The problem: My car set about 5 months due to a broken forward drum in the trans. I would start it twice a month. I just fixed the trans and put it back in. Before sitting the car was running perfect. Now it has a very noticeable miss. I drove it today and when I got to 16# boost it back fired. Scanmaster readings look normal.
My plan is: run out old fuel, change fuel filter, wires and plugs. My question is am I barking up the right tree or could it be something else. I've also recently put in a new ECM with powerlogger.

My first thing I would do is get rid of 6 month old gas as pump gas starts to lose octane after only 3 weeks?

Probably the gas is ok until you get too much boost, in your case 16 psi is past way too much.

I keep 110 octane leaded race fuel in my low mileage and not often used turbo cars as this fuel will last a couple years!

[QUOTE="Nick Micale, post: 3528228, member: 793”] pump gas starts to lose octane after only 3 weeks? [/QUOTE]

How much will this effect someone running ALKY?

D

[QUOTE="Nick Micale, post: 3528228, member: 793”] pump gas starts to lose octane after only 3 weeks?

How much will this effect someone running ALKY?

D[/QUOTE]

Very good question, but I do not have an empirical answer?

Since gas has more octane than alky, I would surmise that it could have a dramatic affect after 6 months.

. . . .
I keep 110 octane leaded race fuel in my low mileage and not often used turbo cars as this fuel will last a couple years!
Hey Nick. Thinking of going his route.
QUESTION; How do you deal with wb sensor fouling?

Thanks for all the reponses. The black diva is running a ok at this time.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back