Lone Star Mini Nats at River City Raceway this year?

TurboTR

sprayhead
Not nailed down fully yet, but sounds like a real good chance for it! I hope so, it's a great facility for this IMO. About 10 miles E of San Antonio, TX on I-10. So far it would be either 4/21 or 4/28 timeframe. Cool!

TurboTR

That sounds cool! I will be waiting for Adi to set the date and then look at my work schedule, I really hope for the 21st date.

I have not been out that way so it would be a good excuse to
go.

Take Care

re:

Hey man. Yes it is cool. Pretty straightforward drive for you guys, out I-10W. If I recall the HRP exit off I-10 is #797, so RCR is 200 miles from that exit at #597. We get several Houston big dog cars out there for testing. I posted more details in the Lounge. Hope it comes through! Get the Conley's fired up for us, ok? :)

TurboTR

I'll run it by everyone on the HBC list and the Conley's as soon as
a firm date is set. For us it's about the same distance as Ennis
just in another direction heheheheh.

What are some of the hotels in Seguin that you can park a trailer at and easy to get on the express way?

Take Care

Neal

Well it sounds like it's on for 4/28/02 at RCR! Gentlemen start your engines! Wonder if Project X will appear again ;-)

TurboTR

Hey Todd,

Our quick Buick is on the chopping block and mine is being put back together again. Hopefully my GN will be running by then. Any chance you might less us bring in our little slow '99 Z28. It only runs 10.40's at 135

Carlos Villalon, Jr.
cvillalon@msn.com

Not my decision, but I'd guess no Litos :) BTW the track sells N2O (I think) and VP race fuel there.

TurboTR

Originally posted by Litos
Hey Todd,

Our quick Buick is on the chopping block and mine is being put back together again. Hopefully my GN will be running by then. Any chance you might less us bring in our little slow '99 Z28. It only runs 10.40's at 135

Carlos Villalon, Jr.
cvillalon@msn.com

If it's the same as in the past, anything can run time trials but when the eliminations start its Buick powered only!

The club meeting is on Sat, I will ask this question and repost.

Well I saw a Ramada and a Comfort Inn near the intersection of Hwy 123 and I-10 too. Hwy 123 crosses I-10 about a mile or two E of where Hwy 46 does. Was late tonight so didn't get a chance to check any of 'em out yet though. Hopefully Fri.

TurboTR

This sounds like it might be a blast. I'll see what I can do about getting some of the local Buick Boys from the Beaumont area off their butts.

Erik

no wife no kids....

Erik, wrote No wife No Kids just that money pit in the garage.

Some people have all the luck. hehehehe:D

Originally posted by fast86gn

If it's the same as in the past, anything can run time trials but when the eliminations start its Buick powered only!

The club meeting is on Sat, I will ask this question and repost.

Ok guys & gals I went to the club meeting today it looks like theres alot of excitement among the members about going to San Antonio in April, should be a good event.

It's still up in the air whether it will be bracket racing or index racing?

For the above question, Any car may run in time trials, F body, Ford, Mopar, it doesn't matter!

But only Buick powered vehicles in the eliminations!
This also includes the Scyclones and Typhoons, these clubs have been invited by the LSPBC.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

:)

fast86gn
This is true...no wife, no kids...but also, no job:(
I got "laid off" last November from Southwestern Bell.

But the brighter side is, I have more time to go into debt on my money pit in the garage :D

Just keep the prayers and the unemployment checks coming.

I'll try and make it for the San Antonio run.

Erik

Humm, my best friend goes to TLU in Seguin...i could pay him a visit and drop by RCR... man would that be a nice trip. :)

Just my luck I probably have 2 tests the following week....

Well here's an aerial shot of turbo Buick mecca come the 28th :) This from last weekend- it was packed with a big bracket race.

TurboTR

Attachments

• river_city_aerial.jpg
    river_city_aerial.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 144
Lone Star Mini Nationals

Yes!! It was about time we have an event for Turbo Buicks down here by San Antonio. We need to support this event so that maybe we could have it here again and possibly make it an annual event at Rivercity Raceway.

PS the track just installed a new scale, it's free to use, and they sell VP race fuel and da juice. I'll ask em if they will be fully stocked for 4/28.

TurboTR

Originally posted by TurboTR
PS the track just installed a new scale, it's free to use, and they sell VP race fuel and da juice. I'll ask em if they will be fully stocked for 4/28.

TurboTR

Any prices available and what octanes they have ? :D