You can type here any text you want

Looking for a longer/better fitting MAF pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LIVE4RDO

Hey crowd.

This is my current set up. I'm looking for a little longer and maybe better fitting pipe to clear the alternator and push the MAF closer to the fender, hopefully passed all the hoses.

Then I will get a shorter filter, which will not get squashed like the current one does. Nor do I like the wide part of the filter rubbing against radiator hose.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated

IMG_8875.PNG

IMG_8874.PNG
IMG_8873.PNG

That's the problem with the solid S-shaped pipes. (for some reason i was thinking you had one of mine). They set the 'angle of attack' in stone. When you rotate it all you can change is height. If your filter interferes wtih the A/C lines, the up pipe, the alternator, etc.. there's nothing you can do about it.

In your case you have an LT1 MAF which is shorter than a stock unit. I can't tell who's pipe you're running but it looks even shorter than normal. No need to get a shorter filter, you still have room for that one if you can get a pipe you can 'steer' into the right direction.

I just looked at a pic of my pipe and it puts the centerline of my MAF just past the steel alternator bracket so it looks to be a couple inches longer than yours. Here's a shot with a 14" long K&N that clears with no problem. Since the angle is more downward isn't not stressing the A/C lines.That's the cool part about being able to articulate in the middle. the pipe can be steered past the IAC plug, up pipe, radiator hose, and A/C lines.

s-l1600.jpg

Thank you Earl. What size is the pipe in that picture? And where can I get one?

It does look better, but even in that picture you can see the air filter "cage" distorted where the AC lines are sitting on top of it. With time, mine was getting very worn out.

Hey crowd.

This is my current set up. I'm looking for a little longer and maybe better fitting pipe to clear the alternator and push the MAF closer to the fender, hopefully passed all the hoses.

Then I will get a shorter filter, which will not get squashed like the current one does. Nor do I like the wide part of the filter rubbing against radiator hose.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated

View attachment 291334
View attachment 291333 View attachment 291332
You
Hey crowd.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated

View attachment 291334
View attachment 291333 View attachment 291332
You took the charcoal canister out like me, so use that room.

I cut out some of the are where the canister was and put my filter there with a 90 degree coupler. Worked out well.

I'm still trying other things out, so don't judge my cluster.

Attachments

• IMAG1801.jpg
    IMAG1801.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
Thank you Earl. What size is the pipe in that picture? And where can I get one?

It does look better, but even in that picture you can see the air filter "cage" distorted where the AC lines are sitting on top of it. With time, mine was getting very worn out.

The distortion if from the old days when i had an S-pipe like you have now. That's why I like the way it can articulate in the middle. With that extra adjustability you can 'aim' the pipe just right to clear the up-pipe, IAC connector, alternator pulley, radiator hose and A/C lines. With the solid S pipe you have height only and then just hope you can find a sweet spot.

The pipe in the picture is 3". The 3.5" looks the same just more 'meaty'...

s-l1600.jpg

I've seen that "eb" pipe on eBay

Looks good, all the other ones I've had smack the alt bolt or wear on one point or another!

Earl Brown pipe all the way! Earl is far too modest as his pipes are the bomb. And they fixed the "problem" created by another well known pipe retailer. As a matter of fact the pipe I had before cost me hot rod power tour trip this summer. As the maf pipe I had pushed on the top radiator hose which made the pulley rub against the hose which eventually cut through the hose. And the hose didn't pop until 9:45pm the night before as I was backing car into garage. And I couldn't get a replacement until the next day (well after the hrpt rolled out).

After that ordeal I Ordered an Earl Brown pipe, it came with all the required silicone hoses / adapters / clamps (which was another issue I had elsewhere was wrong hose size, etc). And the Earl Brown pipes went on in a matter of minutes. Whereas I had spent hours fighting the other pipe! Trust me it's the way to go! And I would never say that about anything without first hand experience! The EB pipe was a God send no joke!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but if nobody else is going to do it, then I guess I have to!

That's what she said - "Looking for a longer/better fitting pipe."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back