You can type here any text you want

Looking to Buy an 86 or 87 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ar15meister

I want to know what the common problems are with these cars and what to look out for in my search. I bought a 1969 M-Code 440-6pack A12 Roadrunner last year and I did this same search beforehand and it ended up really helping me out cause I got a great car in the end.

I know nothing about GN's except that I want one...maybe two.

INFO PLEASE, DONT BE SHY!!!:confused:

look down about 20 threads thare is a thread asking about buying an 87 GN with a good link to a buyers guide.........

You'll never find a good one except mine, good thing that I was looking to trade for a 69 R.R.:biggrin:
Catch one at a local cruise in and ask questions. Most owners will tell you more than what you are looking for because we defend the mighty 6 all the time. Let them know you are in the market, not just another goober that has a friend with the twin turbo, three fiddy option from the factory. You wouldn't believe the comments people make. Might even get a ride:eek: . Once you drive one you'll be hooked though. Even one that isn't modded much will put a grin on your face. Prepare for lots of looks and thumbs up when you get one.Plenty of info on all the boards for mods and trouble shooting. Nothing unique about breakage unless you push the limits. Typical stuff on a 19-20 y.o. car. Don't get a rust bucket.

Welcome!

Check this Link for information about buying a GN.

I moved your thread to a better forum, you'll get more response here. :)

Try it, You'll like it!

1987 GN T-Top FL Car. Very Clean 65K Miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1987 GN for sale. Super clean car with just as clean a history. T-Tops, PW, PA, PL, tilt, converted to 134 a/c, cruise, 66K Miles. I’m the 3rd owner. Trans is incredibly strong with solid shifts! Always garaged. Last owner bought it in 1991. Stripped and painted with new seals it in 1992 at his Dads body shop. The paint still looks great and showable. Has some small garage scratches. No rust. T-Top area is super clean. Interior is pretty much mint. Low mileage BF Goodrich Touring TA’s and stock rims in good, but not perfect shape.

Has 10MM wires, 36lb blue top injectors, Kenne Bell Big Boy Lightweight 3” single exhaust, Applied Research adjustable waste gate, XP fuel Pump, adjustable fuel reg, knock detector, torque convert lock up switch, fan override switch, 93 Oct Red Armstrong chip, KN Air filter, pillar boost gage, has the limited slip 3.42 rear.

Performance parts are Quad Air-Red Armstong, Bowling Green Customs, Applied Technology. I have a ton of receipts for what was purchased/done.

This car is gorgeous and as it sits capable of running upper 12’s. Add the 108 chip I have, 110 octane gas, slicks and adjust the waste gate and you're looking at easy low 12's. F1 (member) had one with a similar setup that ran low 12's.
The RPO label is still on the trunk. Checks out on CarFax/Experian reports (I have the one from when I bought it).

$15K

Back