You can type here any text you want

Making a DR work!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobuick

Staff member
This was from Norwalk the other night. The high res pic was a lot better but you can still get the point. This was a 1.31 60' and the camera guy got the pic right at the right time. Tires shook shortly after that and might have been a high 1.20 if it didn't spin. Making me think bead locks are not a bad idea:eek:

Attachments

• P8140069.jpg
    P8140069.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 461
  • P8140070.jpg
    P8140070.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 462
What size are they ? You can look at the left pic in my sig i wrinkled up a set of small 275/50 MT DR's :cool: Feels good to hook

They are 325/50 MT. I run these and 28x10.5 stiff sidewall slicks. Lately I have been racing at the Outlaw drag radial races at Milan and Norwalk so a lot of my runs have been on DR. The track prep is unbelievable at both tracks for these events and it makes it easy to do with large HP small tire car. I have my best 60' ever on these at a 1.27 BUT I can leave harder on the slick. When I do the car will typically wheelie so it is a toss up on which to use. On a marginal track hands down the slick on a good track the DR. On a lighter launch the DR seems to accelerate the car through the 60' faster than a slick. If I leave on a slick at the same boost the car doesn't seem to 60 as well.

They are 325/50 MT. I run these and 28x10.5 stiff sidewall slicks. Lately I have been racing at the Outlaw drag radial races at Milan and Norwalk so a lot of my runs have been on DR. The track prep is unbelievable at both tracks for these events and it makes it easy to do with large HP small tire car. I have my best 60' ever on these at a 1.27 BUT I can leave harder on the slick. When I do the car will typically wheelie so it is a toss up on which to use. On a marginal track hands down the slick on a good track the DR. On a lighter launch the DR seems to accelerate the car through the 60' faster than a slick. If I leave on a slick at the same boost the car doesn't seem to 60 as well.

That is sick!! :eek: What tire pessure are you running? How much boost are you leaving on?

Good Job! What does the rear suspension consist of? Thanks for the screensaver for the computer here at work!:biggrin:

Earlier this year I put on HR parts new insane series rear suspension and we have been running his sway bar for years now. Can't say enough about the new rear control arms and bushings he made for us this year. We bent (yes bent!) or destroyed just about every piece of the Wolfe Racecraft stuff that was in there. I really couldn't believe how worn out it was when we took it out. When comparing that stuff to what Paul is making now there is really no comparison he has upped the quality of everything. You'll probably be able to see my old parts at his display booth for your own comparison. The new end links are 7/8" rod ends with teflon linings that hold up to the power and best of all DON'T squeak! He even redesigned the spherical bushings that go in the housing to work better. The Wolfe spherical bushings we had where completely worn out and really didn't hold up any better than the urethane bushings I ran prior to the Wolfe stuff. You wouldn't believe how much slop a worn out 3/4" rod end can have! His insane series is probably not for the average racer but on a higher HP stock style suspension car I couldn't see running anything else.

Thanks Paul!

How fast are you ramping in the boost?

Hey Chris, were you running these radials in BG? I had a brand new pair on my car & did ok but couldn't launch past 5-6psi or it would smoke the tires. Just wondering for a comparison because I had heard from others the track wasn't so good & I had nothing to compare to as I had never ran radials before. Since then the tires have gone downhill & spin horrible (the tread is peeled from spinning). They have a ton of meat left & I think I could just put some street miles on it to get them smooth again if it's worth it. The slicks are working really well right now.

Nice car BTW, I sure wish I could buy it. I have more than your asking price invested in my old turd.

John Plog

Back