Methanol ques...

nboost

I have the Steve Monroe DIY alky. Currently Im running 22 p.s.i on 91 with about a 75/25 denatured alky/water mix with 0 KR. I want to try and get my car to its peak performance and In doing so, I was wondering If I could run more boost with just straight alky rather than a mix? Is methanol the best out there? I've heard its highly corrosive but know that many guys run this. Will the shurflo pump be ok running straight methanol?
How much boost are some of you guys running with alky?

im using the smc kit, but same general idea. straight alcohol works the best, easiest to tune and more power, better cooling. methanol hammers everything, i had to replace lines and wiring. more performance with methanol but not worth it in my opinion. i was running about 24 psi.

You can run methanol with your pump. I never had good results running mixes at high boost. For the low-mid 20's you can get away with mixes. Above that.. I have never been able too.

Tho some claim they have.

Tho your lines, nozzles, fittings, etc better be methanol compatible.

HTH

razor: your kit has come a long way. im impressed. i think ill sell my smc kit to a guy here at work and buy yours.

is your kit backorderd? or ready to go? what kind of alcohol do you use? methanol not a problem? thanks

I've been running straight methanol since April '03. No problem.

I'm currently about a week out. Thanks for the thumbs up ;)

Julio

Julio, how much do you charge for your steel braded lines? will they work with my little NOS nozzle setup?

Im sure that Methanol will eat up the plane ol' generic lines that are used in the DIY kit correct?

Well.. eventually your hoses will go south if running methanol. Unless theyre compatible with the stuff.

I prefer the hago style nozzle over the NOS nozzle. I guess with the appropriate adapters anything can be made to work.

Contact me off list for pricing. I try and keep this forum for technical questions.. thanks,

Julio