Micheal Vick signs with............

86gngirl

GN's. A girls best friend
The Philly Eagles.:confused:

Just saw it while watching the Steelers preseason game.

While I can appreciate he paid his debt to society, I can only hope the Eagle fans stay away in droves. IMHO, anyone who takes joy in torturing, mutilating, and hanging domesticated animals, should not have the privilege to be in the limelight and enjoy the riches of professional sports.

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for life for wagering. I think what Vick did was much worse and only a couple years later, he's back.

While I can appreciate he paid his debt to society, I can only hope the Eagle fans stay away in droves. IMHO, anyone who takes joy in torturing, mutilating, and hanging domesticated animals, should not have the privilege to be in the limelight and enjoy the riches of professional sports.

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for life for wagering. I think what Vick did was much worse and only a couple years later, he's back.

I DO NOT AGREE with what he did,

That being said Donte Stallworth was high on weed and drunk and ran over a man and killed him.

He gets a 16 game suspension and 24 days in jail...

Something doesnt jive:confused:

All of these overpaid athletes get away with Murder (practically) because of their money/fame and it will continue as long as everyone keeps paying $100+ for the stupid nose bleed tickets to watch these guys play a child's game. It's too bad it's not like the Roman times where you could take a guy like Vick and literally have him fed to the Lions!

it would sure be a shame if someone on the practice squad was to accidentally get a little "enthusiastic" at practice and "accidentally" incurr some sort of a career ending injury before he gets a chance to actually play.

I am an Eagles fan and it makes no sense to me also Ty i agree with your statement Dante Stallworth killed a guy and got 25 days in jail so a dogs life is more important than a human something is wrong there

Stallworth got off light... or did he?

The report I read was that the guy was running across the street to catch a bus. If he wasn't paying attention to traffic maybe a stone cold sober person could have slammed on their brakes to avoid him... or maybe not. Unfortunately we'll never know.

That being said, blowing a .126 should be grounds for jail all by itself.

Back to Vick... he's an ass-hole and the Eagles owner, whoever he is, is a total dickhead.

Stallworth got off light... or did he?

The report I read was that the guy was running across the street to catch a bus. If he wasn't paying attention to traffic maybe a stone cold sober person could have slammed on their brakes to avoid him... or maybe not. Unfortunately we'll never know.

That being said, blowing a .126 should be grounds for jail all by itself.

Back to Vick... he's an ass-hole and the Eagles owner, whoever he is, is a total dickhead.

X2 well said

100+ Baseball players did illegal/banned substances DURING the games, but they'll be in Cooperstown w/ an Astrix. Darrell Strawberry was/is the world biggest coke head, and he always got another chance. A bad decision is a bad decision, sin is sin. Vick will never do enough in anyone's eyes, it was dumb, it was immature, it was hood, but I GUARANTEE you he regrets it. You wont find him at another dog fight, but right now Ricky Williams is bongin it up, Strawberry snorts another line, and how many NFL players endangered human lives w/ DUIs and we are worried about something we know HAS changed and the person regrets.

Everyone gets a second chance and welcomed warmly back to society except Mike Vick, Murders have received better welcome into society and paid less. People killers. This world is bassackwards.

I still say humans > animals

Off soap box....

Murders have received better welcome into society and paid less.

I am trying to think of one who has... coming up blank.

I can't think of one single convicted murderer who spent only two and a half years in prison then was welcomed back into society and given a $650K/yr job.

Fuk that azzhole! I say chain him up to a tree for a few years like he did to the dogs he abused. He is no different then the Pits he tortured. He's no less of an animal then they were.

The only difference is he was born with athletic talent. He should be banned for life.

The 1 common aspect that every serial killer has is the torturing of animals in youth. I would guess that his actions as an adult are similar to his behavior in his youth. Sick is sick. He will commit crimes in the future.

I DO NOT AGREE with what he did,

That being said Donte Stallworth was high on weed and drunk and ran over a man and killed him.

He gets a 16 game suspension and 24 days in jail...

Something doesnt jive:confused:

But he runs real fast

Maybe the fans will protest at the training camps/games and then the owner will see he made a mistake in signing him and will reverse his decision,but it will have to cost him money in someway before he does it.

Pete Rose got banned for life for what he did and this a-hole did a lot worse than that and he's back playing and getting paid huge amounts of money again in just a few years. :rolleyes:

John

Wonder how McNabb feels about this. What will Vick's job be, especially after being out of action for 2 years?
I bet if Vick came out and appoligized and said he's changed fans would forgive him.

Pit Bulls were bred for dogfighting, its something thats gone on since like the 1800s? All the sudden its such a huge thing to finance an operation.

I hate dogs anyway

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to think of one who has... coming up blank.

I can't think of one single convicted murderer who spent only two and a half years in prison then was welcomed back into society and given a $650K/yr job.

What about OJ?

I love the bully breed dogs. They can be trained and raised to be some real mean animals. But they can also be raised to be huge sweethearts. Our family rescued an american bulldog last year so I'm close to this issue and I think dog fighting is disgusting. That being said, this guy was made an example by the federal judge. Vick got more time than the average person. He's paid his debt and must continue to do so to be able to play in the NFL, he's not in the clear yet. His signing in Philly can bring some exposure to the anti-dog fighting cause. As long as he walks the line, give him a chance. If he screws up again, f 'em.

DSC03104.jpg

I love the bully breed dogs. They can be trained and raised to be some real mean animals. But they can also be raised to be huge sweethearts. Our family rescued an american bulldog last year so I'm close to this issue and I think dog fighting is disgusting. That being said, this guy was made an example by the federal judge. Vick got more time than the average person. He's paid his debt and must continue to do so to be able to play in the NFL, he's not in the clear yet. His signing in Philly can bring some exposure to the anti-dog fighting cause. As long as he walks the line, give him a chance. If he screws up again, f 'em.

DSC03104.jpg

+1

He did his time and now must be allowed to move on. If he does it again, lock him up and throw away the key.