Mini Spool??

It isn't preferred. It is hard on axles and tires. All you need for a street car is a good Eaton unit. If you want spool type performance upgrade it to 800 lb. preload springs:eek:

Ok, thanks. I was just fiddling with the idea. No need to reset gears with the mini.;) I hate setting gears!! Thanks again.

spool

well.....don't cut them short. i know of a lot of people that run them on the street for their cars that pull "dual duty".

as a matter of fact, my '82 Monte has a mini in it and i'm VERY happy with it. it has the stereotyped "weak" axle in it and it's lasted me through more than 50 hard launches ( and 100 not so hard launches) and 1.7 60ft. times at the track - over 2 years of abuse.

also, i've had the same tires on it for 2 years with not much more wear than normal. the key here is to air down your tires 5-10 psi and it will ride as normal. every once in a while on a hot day you'll get a nice little roll of a squeel going as you turn a corner. if you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me. HTH...

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
(315)298-1000
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
We MEET or BEAT any tire/wheel price!
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->M/T & Hoosier slick dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS/NX nitrous systems authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer

I have a Loc Right in there now, and it breaks free sometimes if the road has bumps in it while on the the throttle. It's been in there for over five years, so I'm happy with it. A little loud on the turns though. Thanks for all your input, and now I'm leaning towards the mini. Good time to install those steel axles on the side of the house.:D

i ran a mini spool in my old regal, 377 sbc with nitrous, ran it HARD for a summer and every week at the track, i loved it, it had 4.56, a 3,800 stall and a built th350, you shouldn't creep around corners, you lmost hve to go sideways, u turns are not good, the chirp is like no other, just always keep in mind when your driving that the axles might let go, just as a precaution, but i broke all the so called rules of the street, and never had a problem, it is all how you drive, have fun
Grant J Farmer