Mixing C-16 and pump gas

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Any problem with pouring 5 gallons of C16 in with half a tank of pump gas for racing?
Just curious...don't feel like pumping out the gas at the track....and won't run any more than 25lbs of boost or another degree of timing.

I have been running mix of racegas and 93 for awhile now.Ever since i had my alky pump fail during a run.I started out with putting some c16 in.but it gets pricey quick,made me not want to drive the car to waste the gas.I have now been using sunoco 100 and 93.Just a safety net if it fails again.The only down side to running any racegas thats leaded is it will take out the o2 sensor after awhile.Although i have had the same sensor for 3 years now with no problems.

That's what I run. 5 Gallons of C16 mixed with equal amount of 92 (All that's available here.) I also run Razors Kit and regularly push 26lbs of boost. 10.9 WB. No knock and have had good luck with a Denso O2 sensors.

Any problem with pouring 5 gallons of C16 in with half a tank of pump gas for racing?
Just curious...don't feel like pumping out the gas at the track....and won't run any more than 25lbs of boost or another degree of timing.

Whats wrong with your alky kit?

I do it ever since i had my alky pump fail during a run.head gaskets suck to do.

86 t type,6157 turbo,msd 50s,tt 5.6 chip,hotwired tt supra pump,3" dp ported elbow,comp 260 cam,forge manual boost controller,rjc power plate,smc alky,speed pro forged pistons .30 over,mild homeported heads,pypes exhaust with testpipe,f body rad with ramchargers fan,3200 10" stall.Best run,7.39@91mph 1/8 mile 11.72 1/4 mile at 112 with a 1.57 60 foot on bfg drag radials.

I think I've stumbled across the problem:tongue:
I have more faith in Razors Kit.
MeanChicken... all the but kicking you do on the street, is that on alky or pump gas only. You can mix the C16 in but i dont know how well it will cover you against knock when mixed with 8 gallons of 91-93 octane. run it low as you can and if needed dump in the 116 to get you the rest of the way to the track. That is a better idea. then buy a couple more gallons there if needed. I wouldn't race it on less that 1/4 tank. Post the results please!

I run 100 octane

MIXED 7 GALLONS OF 93 FIVE GALLONS OF 110 = 100 OCTANE .. NO ALKY:biggrin:

I ran five gallons of C-16 & I can say it is a good insurance... When my Alky ran out... Since then I dumped the Alky & now I run 110 with no mixture...

I've been doing it for years without issue. Just make sure you check O2 sensors on a regular basis.

Thanks.
I picked up a 5 gal can of C16 form a buddy who sold his car, so sooner or later....I'll use it at the track.

Tomorrow I'm running 91oct with Alky and a killer tune courtesy of Spoolfool2's tutelage and verified via DirectScan.....hoping to get into the 11.30's or better by the end of the day, but my first few runs I'll be letting out at the 1/8....don't want to get kicked off the track too early (no cage)....and practicing my 60', etc.
After 4-5 runs, I'm going all in....I'll bypass the shack and go for one more run if they don't kick me out.

Whats wrong with your alky kit?

Nuttin...:D

86 t type,6157 turbo,msd 50s,tt 5.6 chip,hotwired tt supra pump,3" dp ported elbow,comp 260 cam,forge manual boost controller,rjc power plate,smc alky,speed pro forged pistons .30 over,mild homeported heads,pypes exhaust with testpipe,f body rad with ramchargers fan,3200 10" stall.Best run,7.39@91mph 1/8 mile 11.72 1/4 mile at 112 with a 1.57 60 foot on bfg drag radials.

I think I've stumbled across the problem:tongue:
I have more faith in Razors Kit.
MeanChicken... all the but kicking you do on the street, is that on alky or pump gas only. You can mix the C16 in but i dont know how well it will cover you against knock when mixed with 8 gallons of 91-93 octane. run it low as you can and if needed dump in the 116 to get you the rest of the way to the track. That is a better idea. then buy a couple more gallons there if needed. I wouldn't race it on less that 1/4 tank. Post the results please!

Yes its the older smc kit.I never seem to have that amount of cash at one time to drop on a newer kit,it would be nice though.For now i mix the gas and make sure i test it before every pass

I run around the streets killin stuff around at 21 lbs with a tank of 91 and Alkycontrol.
I burn through 5 gallons of Alky in about 4 weeks...:D

I run around the streets killin stuff around at 21 lbs with a tank of 91 and Alkycontrol.
I burn through 5 gallons of Alky in about 4 weeks...:D

Me too!
My car isn't driven daily but I use 5 gallons a month. It's in pieces now so my meth man hasn't been seeing me as much. However, I have 3 more Gns hooked so they have been buying my share. :)

Funny I had a buddy Richie and one time went to his house to run his built T-type.. he would bury the needle on his 30 lb gauge on the highway on pump gas and meth..

Take it to the track.. all of a sudden we need C16 to run 25 PSI. :rolleyes:

Tim.. if you want some added insurance.. there is nothing wrong add some race gas to your tank. You do what you feel comfortable with.. there is nothing wrong with that.

5 gallon pail of C16 is now 90.00. That throws out racing for me. But hey.. if its free.. i'd have no issue dropping some in my tank. :D

Don't need no stinkin race gas.

Congrats to meanchicken on the new personal best(s) today with pump gas (91oct) and razor's alky. He's still getting in runs, as I type this.

I'll let him post his new times, but will say that he shattered his old ones.:cool:

Mike Barnard