You can type here any text you want

MOOG CC627 cargo coil rear springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ANDYS87

Does anyone have these? Just wondering if they raise the ride height? Or do you guys go with the regular(non cargo coil) springs. I just want to replace my factory ones

I went with the variable rate rear springs that Kirbans sells, it looks like it may have raised the height about a 1/2", due to the fact that the factory springs are weaker.

Are the Kirban's ones MOOG? Do they have a sticker with the MOOG part # if so?

Thanks

Just get Moog replacement springs at the parts store. You are paying more money for nothing at Kirbans.

Just get Moog replacement springs at the parts store. You are paying more money for nothing at Kirbans.

X2 Thats what I would do. I bought those springs years ago wholesale from him, the price was alot cheaper than what he wants now.

I've had the cargo springs for 2 years and they have settled to below stock height. More than likely you will not like the ride. I'm going to take them out soon. I will not use these anymore on my cars. I would have been better off using the old stock springs with air bags.

The way to go on these cars are constant rate springs and big rear sway bars. IMO

I guess my question is:

to replace with MOOG 5379 - regular factory type springs

OR

the MOOG crago coil springs- CC627

I'll probably still use airbags with either choice

I am doing the springs, too

I put in the stock replacements from Auto Zone and did not like them. Going with the Kirban variable rate ones, since I had good luck with them in the past. Should have used them in the first place. Now have to do that job twice...

I have not one complaint with the variable rate springs since I've had them installed.:smile:

Cc627

Andy,

I have a set of Moog CC627. I had them on the car for less than 1500 miles and went back to factory springs with the airbags. I would sell them to you for $60 shipped.

Why did you go back to the factory springs? Can't the airbags fit in the cargo coils? Can you post a pic of them?

Thanks

After lots of research and finding posts by owners that have tried it all, I would go with stock replacements.

I put in the stock replacements from Auto Zone and did not like them. Going with the Kirban variable rate ones, since I had good luck with them in the past. Should have used them in the first place. Now have to do that job twice...
Darn, Pete, I thought that I tried to talk you into Kirban's just a while back?
I am very happy with mine, and I have never heard a complaint with Kirban's springs sagging, as almost everything else.

I know, I know...

I just like to do everything at least twice...

Shocks, springs, radio, torque converter...

Just ask Steve V. He knows.

Back