You can type here any text you want

Motor Carnage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Heisenberg don't post anything about alky in this thread. It's a mechanical failure not caused by any fuel system and the thread doesn't need to have any posts about anything alky related. Keep the focus on mechanical failure.

Detonate it long enough and you WILL heat the EXH valves enough to " stick" them .. at that point you will get EXACTLY what he has. The damage is cumulative the more the EXH valve gets burnt
the easier they are to "stick" . I wouldn't rule it out ..

X2
Pic of spring please.
Here's a pix of the spring & the timing chain , I thought the chain looked like it had too much slack.
DSCN0146.JPG
DSCN0147.JPG
DSCN0148.JPG
DSCN0149.JPG

Last edited:
I just think it's a good lesson for the newer entrants to TR land that just wanna "turn up the music boost " - with alky - and have got to realize the ramifications if something goes wrong.
I counsel newer folks to try to be happy with 350 HP and 15 lbs. - until everything is nice and orderly.
It's still plenty dangerous and makes plenty of tire smoke.
Amen

Dropped a valve...had nothing to do with alky. Check with your machinist if he can sleeve the block.

Detonate it long enough and you WILL heat the EXH valves enough to " stick" them .. at that point you will get EXACTLY what he has. The damage is cumulative the more the EXH valve gets burnt
the easier they are to "stick" . I wouldn't rule it out ..

Thanks for the info..

Back