My Drag radial car coming back together!!

Dusty Bradford

It's been a very long road but the pieces are finally coming back together. I've changed directions a couple times over the last 2 years to make sure this is the last time I have to take the car down for major work. More focus has been put on loosing weight and making the suspension work better. Only change in the engine department is a new CEA 118mm turbo from Precision.

The car now has a new 9" 40 spline rear en from TRZ. Much lighter than the cast 9" housing I had. Carbon glass doors and glasstek trunk lid to loose more weight. Fiberglass rear bumper and spindle mount brakes from Baer to balance out the weight % front to rear. All the original wiring was ripped out and replaced with a more race car friendly wiring system from Leash Electronics. XFI 2.0 will be used along with the XFI dash. Ignition is an MSD 8 box with all launching and timing controls utilized in XFI. Transmission is now a T-400 housed in an SFI case from Reid and built by PTC with a griner valvebody so I can launch in 1st or 2nd gear. I will launch in 2nd unless I run 1/4 mile where I will have to run a 3.20 gear in the rear. Converter is a new 10.5" bolt together from PTC

It's now in the paint shop. Looking to run in a month or 2. Not much left to do other than running some fuel lines, modifying a couple charge tubes to the intercooler and getting a driveshaft fitted.

Where is that intercooler now?? I have been wondering what in the world you hve been up to!! Mike

I was going to call "shotgun" but I see that is not going to happen...LOL

Bryan

The intercooler is sitting in the middle of the car where the back seat used to be. The tubing to support the intercooler is built to enclose the end takes if it were to bust.

There will be a passenger seat for looks because I don't like seeing 1 seat in a car but the placement of the piping may make it difficult to support it well enough for a ride along. I wouldn't want anyone to sit over there during a launch with it dzus'd in place.:)

Looks good Dusty.. Curious what weight did you get the car down to and percentages? Still big block chevy?
Which carbon doors you are using and do they still retain regulators and glass? Sorry for all the questions, but I may be heading in the same direction your on now.

I haven't scaled the car yet. That will be the last thing I do once I get fuel and water in the systems. Before it was 3450 with 54% on the nose. I had 40# on the nose to help with wheel stands. It's an aluminum big block Chevy. I have taken a little weight off everywhere. On great tracks I need around 54-55% on the nose. Mediocre tracks will need more front end travel and 50-52% on the nose.

My doors are 1 of pairs built by someone in Canada a long time ago. I have stock handles on them now that work well. The body shop is putting my stock glass in them this week. We will have to build some brackets to help the window stay sealed up top so the window will have to be rolled down to open and close the door. There just isn't enough support for the window to stay sealed at high speeds. Jason and Josh White are building doors that have more support in them than mine.

Dusty, that looks great bro.
If your old 9,5 needs a home, you still have my address. ;)

Give me shout if I can help u turn a wrench just love cars especially x275 cars lol