My Stage 2 street car

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
This is on 25psi no roll cage, 3rd pass on this set up, 1st real pass under throttle 5 psi rolling launch, 1.44 60', 5.94@119.5 1/8

Thats what I said x10...WOW!

Would you trust a purpose built 200r4 behind that motor?

You guys should see this car in person. I saw it just mins after it was done on the dyno. It is awesome. Paint is superb. Interior is super clean and the engine...well it speaks for itself. 800+HP never looked so good.

Was that run slicks or DR?

Congrats Rob.

Thanks guys.

This was on 28.5x 10.5 Phoenix slicks. I would love to try my DR's on a prepped track. The biggest issue is getting runs in so I can get the suspension dialed in. Launch boost makes a huge difference in suspension loading, hence why it was sqiurrely here. After talking to Red Armstrong at the dyno, I have alot of insight on launching. What I thought worked, was wrong in these high power cars. I am seeing it on the video. I thought it was shock adjustment, it is too low of boost. Red is running stock shocks!!!! I think I am hitting the shifts right. The car made peak power at 6200 on the dyno. I have the shift light at 6300, so shifting by 6400. Any input on shift rpm is appreciated. I have had some logging issues lately, so no logs to confirm the shifts. Converter seems to be doing its job. It is loose compared to what it was with my old 109 set up, but I have more rpm to play with. Sure is spooling faster. Shift light didn't come on at the end of the run like my previous 9.97@144 short shifting pass. I am going to stiffen the body up with a rear firewall this weekend. I plan on building a cage this winter, and get better brakes for the front. They were fading like crazy at the top of the shut down area. A parachute is going to be added as well. Slowly going from a street car to a race car on the street. I had my wife taping from the bleachers. I asked her if she saw it go sideways. She said she didn't see anything. I told her how fast it went. She said, " Why do you want to go that fast in that little time. I think the fastest I have ever driven is 85". I said I wanna go fast!!!!!! She wants a life insurance policy by fall.

Norbs, I went to the track on street car night for you. Believe me I know my car, I know racing. I really wanted to have a clean run in the cooler air. I figured out the problem, and should be fixed tomorrow. Now I will wait for the fall. I have alot of planned car shows to hit every weekend of this month.

I ran a 200 into the 9's with little issues. I wanted to try a PTC converter, so switch to a 400 since I was switching, knowing I wanted more than a 200 can do reliably. Vince Janis builds a very nice 200. I love my 400 though.

Thanks Coach!!!

The crazy part is, this is the most driveable and fuel efficient the car has been in years, thanks to the XFI and Cal. Runs at 172deg with a junk f-body radiator and junk intrepid fans, Cal can confirm!!!

I'm glad to see the car working so well for you. Keep me posted on the rpm drop or at least what the rpm is falling back to on the gear change. Seeing cars like this driveable and still putting up these numbers is what I love to see.

Very impressive pass sir.
Excellent way to represent a real street car.

Patrick

Congrats on the car. Looks great and runs better than it looks.

Stop screwing around and get the cage and the brakes in it before you get yourself hurt. That 1 2 shift is where the car loses traction and you can't correct for it, things are happening too fast. I watched my dad do that in his car.

I know it's fun but don't get yourself hurt. And it's still a very nice car.

Wow ! Holy Lord your 1/8 mile is sick ! Why is it lately I am so obsessed with 1/8 mile racing? Anybody can help me on that please enlighten me. lol Gorgeous car and set up bro. Like your rims as well.

Thanks for racing just for me:) Can we get more details on the car/turbo?

What do you want to know?

I have 2 reasons for going. Everybody at the car shows thinks my car runs 11's, and my friends stock looking 10-low11 sec cars are in the 12's or 13's. I wanted a real timeslip, not my old one.

And I had some guy on TB.com to shut up:p I really wanted to get the car out. After the first time going 9.97@144, I was hooked to the speed again, and car shows were boring. I was getting tired of saying, it should run .... like everybody else there that will never race. Of course all of my V8 buddies thought I was dreaming.

Its all in my sig, and in my build thread. I have nothing to hide or lie about. Every part is readily available off the shelf. There are afew key things that I did that IMO make it work better than what the average build would be.