My TSM build thread

Richard in NC bought my old wheels. They're on his stage 2 grey T.

I'm going to buy polished rears, have polished beadlocks put on them, then take them apart and have the dish powdered black.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396635974.316785.jpg

I have been wanting to mount stuff behind the glove box and notice you have done it a few times…. Are you able to drill into the black plastic or are you mounting stuff some other way. I have been contemplating drilling into the plastic and mounting a piece of black ABS which will be my surface to attach things but am not sure what is on the other side :confused: Can you elaborate on your set-up.

Thank you sir

aaron

The plate I use on the back of the door comes from gns performance.
With the AC ductwork gone it is a large open space behind the door.
I made a sheet metal plate for the msd box to mount on. It uses two of the door mounting holes and clips in a tab on firewall behind dash.
I had a plate mounted vertical, I screwed it to the metal cross piece that the door mounts to.

The plate I use on the back of the door comes from gns performance.
With the AC ductwork gone it is a large open space behind the door.
I made a sheet metal plate for the msd box to mount on. It uses two of the door mounting holes and clips in a tab on firewall behind dash.
I had a plate mounted vertical, I screwed it to the metal cross piece that the door mounts to.
Gotcha.... No A/C ducting.... Explains it. Thanks

You could still remove the glove box and mount a vertical plate.
It would just take up the space the glove box did.

So, I went back and forth all winter about whether or not to buy a 9 inch rear. My 8.5 was used when I got it in 2001, and I haven't even removed the cover since then.
I was at the chassis shop and they had a tricked out 8.8 Ford, and I asked could he build an 8.5 like that and would it live.

This is what he came up with:

HR bar mounts to the brackets spanning from the brace to the tubes.
Ford big bearing old style ends.

It looks like your coil wire is run under the intake, are the cam sync signal wires also under the intake? I had a lot of issues with noise on my cam sync when I was using an inductive pickup. The msd distributor pickup is inductive. Just something to look for when you get it running.

Mine would randomly kick back when starting and would surge when coming up on boost. When I datalogged cam sync it was all over the place. I ran it in bank to bank and it ran fine. I eventually swapped to hall effect, but that's not so easy with your distributor.

The coil wire is actually down between the fuel rail and the intake. The cam sync wire is on the opposite side and comes thru the intake. I was trying to keep them apart.

Got the catch can mounted last night, looks good.

Waiting for the rearend and back wheels to get here and we will start testing.

I will have to mount my coil like that instead on the inside fender well. Looks very nice.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I made that bracket, the arms are 1 inch longer than stock to get around the Champion spacer, and shaped for the coil.