You can type here any text you want

(near) future build....hopefully

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

please critique [be gentle - i have already acquired a lot of this stuff over the years]

Champion Ported Irons
CompCams 210-215 roller
Morrel/PBM roller lifters
Harland Sharp Roller Rockers 1.55
Forged Stock Stroke Crank
Forged Scat HBeam Rods
Diamond Forged Pistons
Champion Ported Intake
Earl Brown NOS Cover
Stainless Steel Headers [Either my ATR or some TA/Burhead GN1 knockoffs]
probably a 6262 journal bearing turbo

i am waiting on the block...

still undecided on girdle or caps
need timing chain
Oil pan
gaskets

sound okay?

please critique [be gentle - i have already acquired a lot of this stuff over the years]

Champion Ported Irons
CompCams 210-215 roller
Morrel/PBM roller lifters
Harland Sharp Roller Rockers 1.55
Forged Stock Stroke Crank
Forged Scat HBeam Rods
Diamond Forged Pistons
Champion Ported Intake
Earl Brown NOS Cover
Stainless Steel Headers [Either my ATR or some TA/Burhead GN1 knockoffs]
probably a 6262 journal bearing turbo

i am waiting on the block...

still undecided on girdle or caps
need timing chain
Oil pan
gaskets

sound okay?

I don't know what everyone thinks, but I like it. I have a list of things to get and this is exactly what I'm working for in a set-up. The only difference is that I'm just wanting to use stock crank, rods, pistons, and running E85. I like it and I'm interested in hearing what hp and 1/4 mile times this set-up can make. Good luck with your build, sorry I can't help you out.

Sounds good to me. I like the T/A timing chain. Main caps can be a little cheaper than a girdle. The 6262 is a fun turbo! Do a little more research on the cam selection. I have a motor going in a car in the spring with the 206/210. Its said to be more responsive on the street and that's what this car will see a lot of. I have spoke to a few faster guys that like the duration to be the same like 206/206 210/210...etc. Dan at DLS seems to be well respected in custom cams. You plan to change converters?
Keep us posted!

i will stay with my 3200 PTS 9x11 for now....Which T/A chain? i was looking at that newer single roller that maintains the tensioner.... but dunno. yeah the cam is what i already have so i may just work with what i've got on that one..... we will see....

thks for the responses

aaron

i will stay with my 3200 PTS 9x11 for now....Which T/A chain? i was looking at that newer single roller that maintains the tensioner.... but dunno. yeah the cam is what i already have so i may just work with what i've got on that one..... we will see....

thks for the responses

aaron

Thats the one I have. You seem to have the rest of the good stuff so it should turn out nice.

Sounds like a logical build. I'ld go with JEs though. I've been looking real close at the newest 6262. I would sure like to hear they are doing a 6466 to compare.

girdle and a 206/206 cam. As far as the turbo . Seems they are changing every 6 months so who knows. I'd keep the converter to :cool:

Aaron, sounds like a crappy build, you should start over from scratch. I can come and haul away your scrap since you are local if you pay me $100.00. :biggrin:

Sounds like you are on your way to a good build. You are going to hear alot of crap about the Diamond pistons, I am going to replace mine since I am rebuilding just for peace of mind. Girdle the block. good luck.

Bryan

Aaron, sounds like a crappy build, you should start over from scratch. I can come and haul away your scrap since you are local if you pay me $100.00. :biggrin:

Sounds like you are on your way to a good build. You are going to hear alot of crap about the Diamond pistons, I am going to replace mine since I am rebuilding just for peace of mind. Girdle the block. good luck.

Bryan

lol... i dunno if i can swing the $100 for hauling.....

yeah i hear good and bad things about the pistons....i figure like Grumpy says....."its all in the tuna" .... any prolonged detonation and poor tune will destroy pistons at higher boost levels.... and i am not trying to take over any race class....this build will actually be going in my Gold Limited soooo i am not cutting for a cage.... just a nice, Fast, street car that will go on the PowerTour, whoop on unsuspecting vettes, vipers, etc..... and be reliable... like the engine in there now.

aaron

Back