You can type here any text you want

Need Help car dies when put in gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rob nolan

I have been having problem for a while with this car. When i put it in gear the car will die. I have replaced the cam sensor, coilpak, ignition module, casper ground kit, casper positive relocater kit. My IAC 16, TPS .44. Plugs are R42ts GAP AT 0.33. I have Reds chips 93 and 106 and they both do it. Plus i have Eric Marshalls race chip from TurboTweak and it does the samething.

Thanks,
Rob

Does it do this when It is just starting up in the morning for the first time mostly? And do you have to keep your foot on the gas a little to keep it from dieing or does it die no matter what you do all together? My car had a bad O2 sensor and it was doing that, but it would only throw the code if it sat still for a little while, Hope this is some what informative. :)

I can let it warm up and no matter what it will die when i put it in gear. I use to beable to put my foot on the gas a little and everything would be ok. But here lately when i put my foot on the gas it will die. BUT over the weekend i put a 4 gauge wire from the positive box on the relocater to the alternator and everything was fine. I put it in gear and it didn't die. Went out there the next day and all it wanted to do is die no matter what i did. I even drove to the gas station and let the car idle while i pump gas, and when i put it in gear about 5 times it would just die. I have a brand new Denso O2 sensor in there. I have checked for vacuum leaks and they are all fine. I forgot to put in my first post that i am running a 9 inch 5 disk Precision converter in it also. I just can't figure this thing out. Keep the post coming guys PLEASE!!!!

Neutral-Safety switch is another place to look. Check it's alignment and function. The other thing that may be FUBAR is your TCC switch. Perhaps your converter is locking when you put it in gear and thus, stalling the engine. Avail from the General for about $40. or from any of the many tranny vendors here on the board. I've seen both personally so don't rule these ideas out too quickly!
HTH
Jim

Hey Rob,
I suspect it may be converter related, as some other people have had the same issue with that converter. There might be some things we can adjust in the chip to help, as far as how the IAC reacts when dropped in gear. Maybe even bump the idle up 50-100rpm.
Let me know and we'll try some stuff.

Eric

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
Hey Rob,
I suspect it may be converter related, as some other people have had the same issue with that converter. There might be some things we can adjust in the chip to help, as far as how the IAC reacts when dropped in gear. Maybe even bump the idle up 50-100rpm.
Let me know and we'll try some stuff.

Eric
I'll send the race chip back to you if you want me to. I might as well get a street chip from you to and try that out.

Originally posted by Jimn8or
Neutral-Safety switch is another place to look. Check it's alignment and function. The other thing that may be FUBAR is your TCC switch. Perhaps your converter is locking when you put it in gear and thus, stalling the engine. Avail from the General for about $40. or from any of the many tranny vendors here on the board. I've seen both personally so don't rule these ideas out too quickly!
HTH
Jim
I'll check that out. I think Vince Janis put a new TCC switch in when he redid my tranny. I unpluged the TCC switch and there was no changed. Thanks for the reply back.

Back