You can type here any text you want

NEED HELP!!!!! roller cam selection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
going to bite the bullet and go with a roller cam. purchasing one from full throttle with the morel lifters anyway i need help with choosing the right one for my combo. would like a happy idle too. here are the two choices. also what will i gain going with a roller over the flat tappet 204/214?

206/210 .516/.516 110 L/S
Good stock replacement and driver cam 2800 stall

210/215 .516/.516 110 L/S
Hot street, Most popular unit good manners and power 3000+stall

A rollor cam? Now your talkin. :cool: You know which one I'm going to say. :biggrin:

Only thing i see is this cam lobe wont go flat on you.. you have a good cam tho...

Only thing i see is this cam lobe wont go flat on you.. you have a good cam tho...

i think my cam is going flat the car is sputtering and laying over on top. went over every inch of the car and came down to cam and or valve springs.

anyone else? this is a big invenstment and would appreciate some more detailed input

Ill let you know in a few days when I fire mine up for the first time. Seems like a lot of people like theirs.

210/215!!! I have had mine in for about a year now and love it. i actually helped anther friend of mine pick that cam and he is way happy with it as well. With your 3200 you will definantly like the way it pulls.

anyone else? this is a big invenstment and would appreciate some more detailed input

Is there something wrong with the flat tappet?
What have your run in the past?
I'ld go with a 210/210 and a bigger turbo.

I also vote for: 210/215

;)
thanks joe

Ill let you know in a few days when I fire mine up for the first time. Seems like a lot of people like theirs.
sounds great!!! which one?

210/215!!! I have had mine in for about a year now and love it. i actually helped anther friend of mine pick that cam and he is way happy with it as well. With your 3200 you will definantly like the way it pulls.
looking forward to it thanks

Is there something wrong with the flat tappet?
What have your run in the past?
I'ld go with a 210/210 and a bigger turbo.
dont know yet? car is running and idling like crap!!! alot of ticking in the upper valve train. used to run and idle awesome. i ran a 11.60 at 115 with a stock motor and duttneck with a ta49 on 23 psi and 27/25 timing with alky. i am planing to go with a bb6262 or a bb6765 with a billit wheel

210/215 from FT with the Morel lifters. It was more cam than I wanted originally but after hearing how much everyone likes theirs, I think it will be OK with my 3200+ stall.

I've heard good things about the comp 212/212 roller. A lot of builders I've talked to lately have recommended it. This cam stuff is very confusing to me though. Let us know what you go with and how it works.

going to bite the bullet and go with a roller cam. purchasing one from full throttle with the morel lifters anyway i need help with choosing the right one for my combo. would like a happy idle too. here are the two choices. also what will i gain going with a roller over the flat tappet 204/214?

206/210 .516/.516 110 L/S
Good stock replacement and driver cam 2800 stall

210/215 .516/.516 110 L/S
Hot street, Most popular unit good manners and power 3000+stall

So, which one did you decide on? ;)

Back